1 ... 3 4 5
edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
3/14/21 8:37 p.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:

This pic made me realise the fuel filler door is still on the side. If you want to hang a water tank underneath, you could reuse the filler spot to fill the tank.

And good thinking on the recovery points on the trailer. If you get stuck with a trailer hitched, it'll be a bugger to try and get un-stuck, so having the ability to pull with the trailer connected will be very helpful.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/14/21 10:39 p.m.
edwardh80 said:
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:

This pic made me realise the fuel filler door is still on the side. If you want to hang a water tank underneath, you could reuse the filler spot to fill the tank.

And good thinking on the recovery points on the trailer. If you get stuck with a trailer hitched, it'll be a bugger to try and get un-stuck, so having the ability to pull with the trailer connected will be very helpful.

Playing Snowrunner on my Xbox recently got me thinking about things like recovery options for the trailer itself, lol. 

I had thought about the water tank idea, just not sure why I would actually need a water tank in the trailer (I have two 2-gallon Rotopax cans for the Raider that I could just make mounts on the trailer for if I'm towing it with something else on a long trip). IDK, I'm tempted to use the fuel filler door for perhaps an electrical socket or something running off a power inverter. IDK. Still thinking on it. 

5/4/21 8:18 p.m.

As the rally season is getting going, not much time to tinker with more ideas for the trailer at the moment. However, I did get my plates today, so the plan is to get it out for a test tow maybe this weekend once I get home from racing.

5/18/21 6:49 p.m.

This post is pretty boring, as I simply found some 6mm spacers sitting around and stuck them on the trailer in order to get the wheel centerline centered over the bearings (to improve loading and make them less likely to wear out prematurely). Also gets the wheels a bit more flush with the bed sides for cosmetic reasons.

Told you that was boring. So here's a couple shots of the Raider wheeling at Rausch Creek last weekend (sans trailer)

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uFndhv0iK1WiPUCw3Jn2FS5Zu4r7KjscMTkDeWFy3zBz5osqAakKsdPAh00WrAcW