1 2 3 ... 124

This thread begins about 10 months after the ideas for this project started to take shape. To see what went on in those 10 months, check out MONZORA part 1

now we jump to august 2019, and I've been getting my CAD on recently:

And my welding is improving

Today was more CAD, and MOAR HOLESZ!

I may have gotten carried away with the number of plug weld holes.  Maybe some of them will just be speed holes.  Lunch break is over, time to fire up the welder!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/3/19 3:24 p.m.

So, why the new thread? Did i miss something?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/19 4:33 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

My profile and all my threads got nuked when the C word destroyer got a little overzealous.  If all goes well, the old thread will be back and this one will be appended to it.

AngryCorvair
8/3/19 4:52 p.m.

LFO = Left Front Outer

Dusterbd13-michael
8/3/19 4:53 p.m.

Wow. I saw where it happened to cooter. Didn't realize it was widespread. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/19 5:34 p.m.

8 pot pies is like 96 days worth of sodium

AngryCorvair
8/3/19 6:01 p.m.

I almost called it “2020” just for you.

AngryCorvair
8/3/19 6:03 p.m.

LRO = Left Rear Outer

Dusterbd13-michael
8/3/19 6:18 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I'm still legitimately hoping to see this show up and kick my ass this year. But not at the expense of your role as husband and father. 

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
8/3/19 6:26 p.m.

Thread loss SUX!

If you need a hand just let us know.  Adrian has a jerb now so maybe he’ll be a bit more subdued if he comes with me!

AngryCorvair
8/3/19 8:24 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:

I'm still legitimately hoping to see this show up and kick my ass this year. But not at the expense of your role as husband and father. 

I’ve got the husband and father part under control, but the 2 weeks in China didn’t do this build any favors.

AngryCorvair
8/3/19 8:55 p.m.
wawazat said:

Thread loss SUX!

If you need a hand just let us know.  Adrian has a jerb now so maybe he’ll be a bit more subdued if he comes with me!

Thanks man, I appreciate the offer!  How do you feel about cleaning aluminum suspension bits?  That’s really the only thing I can delegate right now.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
8/4/19 9:40 a.m.

When do you need a hand?

AngryCorvair
8/4/19 11:48 a.m.

Whatcha doing today?  ;-) 

I’ve got a bum shoulder and a violently sore throat and my heart’s just not in it right now.  But if there was someone else here, I could find some motivation.

plus it’s a really nice day for a Harley.

AngryCorvair
8/4/19 1:33 p.m.

At 1:15PM I threw in the towel for today.  Currently at local Urgent Care.  I have a very high threshold for suffering, but fever developed today and knocked my dick in the dirt.  I will live to fight another day.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
8/4/19 1:42 p.m.

Dang!  Take care of your self Patrick!  Hope you're back at it soon.  Sometime this week is possible after work. 

AngryCorvair
8/4/19 2:51 p.m.

PM’d you my cell.  This week all evenings are good except Wednesday.  Patrick may be in town for a brief visit one evening as well, but not to work on the car.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
8/5/19 1:09 p.m.

Got it.  This week is pretty well loaded up I'm sorry to say.  Kids events, Dad's 80th birthday, and weekend is packed.  Next week should be OK.

AngryCorvair
8/5/19 9:36 p.m.

Took a sick day today, spent a little bit of time in the garage.  Got the Corvair front rails notched and started fitting the C4 crossmember, how I should have done it 5 weeks ago.  

I intentionally cut to the inside of my marks, so it’s going to take a little finesse to get it into final position.

i really feel like E36 M3, might take another sick day tomorrow.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
8/5/19 9:57 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Took a sick day today, spent a little bit of time in the garage.

i really feel like E36 M3, might take another sick day tomorrow.

Quit snorting the fumes from your flux welding

AngryCorvair
8/5/19 10:03 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

I’m sure it’s all contributing.  My sore throat got *really* sore while I was using the cutoff wheel.

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
8/5/19 10:08 p.m.

Take care of yourself man...I'm as hard-headed and focused as they come, but as I'm often reminded...it's just a car. Take time to heal.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
8/6/19 12:17 a.m.

Maybe take a day or two and just rest as much as possible.  Get well soon.  It's a cool project but it's not that cool.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/6/19 9:41 a.m.

Looking good dude! You are much surgical with this than I was on the truck.  Also, take care of yourself those flux-core fumes are as nasty as they come. 

I'd pick up a low profile respirator like this one to wear under your helmet.  I picked one of those last year when I was doing a lot of welding and it helps a lot. My lungs feel a lot cleaner after a day under the hood than they would normally.

AngryCorvair
8/6/19 12:21 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Ordered.  I hope I don’t already have black lung.

1 2 3 ... 124

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BvUnCUWTp671AlGj7ZoOpopeDdZMZfcKeZkVLh9rgcBlClCVj7jzULFguQ4dyv1V