gumby (Forum Supporter) said:
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:

chicken leggs????

Nah, that's a satchel of Richards lol

I thought the veins made it obvious

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
1/31/21 11:19 a.m.

geese like richards?????.......who knew ....now I do.....learnt me sumpin' today

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/31/21 3:58 p.m.

What's the science behind the lengths of the primary/secondary pipes? Or is that just a known good length for this engine?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/21 4:43 p.m.

Following a NASCAR header builder, Calvin Elston, who says (roughly paraphrasing) that getting the exhaust as far as possible from the port during the blowdown phase, when Cyl pressure is higher than exhaust pressure, is #1 important thing. He says 1-1/2" primaries off the port on a V8 can flow 450hp. The primary, secondary, and choke diameters and lengths are all calculated based on cubic inches, compression, total duration, exhaust valve opening point, and Max RPM.

1/31/21 4:58 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Following a NASCAR header builder, Calvin Elston, who says (roughly paraphrasing) that getting the exhaust as far as possible from the port during the blowdown phase, when Cyl pressure is higher than exhaust pressure, is #1 important thing. He says 1-1/2" primaries off the port on a V8 can flow 450hp. The primary, secondary, and choke diameters and lengths are all calculated based on cubic inches, compression, total duration, exhaust valve opening point, and Max RPM.

Twice in one day.......scoreboard!!!! (learnt sumpin' new) thanks brah.....awhile back was and still am looking at headers for the 'V'.....KOOK's with 1-7/8" primaries versus Stainless Works with 2". Does supercharging affect this dynamic.....wondering out loud.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/21 5:19 p.m.

I found Mr Elston through the speed-talk forum, so I started a thread over there looking for advice. Here's some of Mr Elston's wisdom:

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55767

There's another expert over there, Larry Meaux, who wrote a header calculator called PipeMax. He replied to my thread with results from his software.

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62718&p=886460#p886460

1/31/21 5:28 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Kool tanx

ejs262
ejs262 New Reader
2/1/21 1:22 p.m.

Neat project! I skimmed over this and didn't see a picture of the whole car, got one you can post or link to?

In reply to ejs262 :

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/1/21 4:57 p.m.

I love that staggered wheel look

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I wanted to rock the sawblades so hard, but the C5 wheels saved me a bunch of packaging headaches. I'll still have staggered rims for my street tires, 245/45-17 and 275/40-18. All my competition tires will be on matching C5 Magnesium fronts.

ejs262
ejs262 New Reader
2/1/21 8:20 p.m.

Thanks for the pics!  I like the saw blades as well,  I guess the offsets are wrong on the sawblades?

ejs262 said:

Thanks for the pics!  I like the saw blades as well,  I guess the offsets are wrong on the sawblades?

Because I've moved so much weight from front to rear, I'm running C5 front brakes on rear. The sawblades (17x9.5 +56) required a 6mm spacer plus some removal of the "corvette" from the casting. The C5 rears are also 9.5" wide but they are +65 *and* clear the calipers without the spacer or the grinding. So I gain 15mm clearance to the fender lip on the rear. And I've grown to like them. Not as much as the sawblades, but I kept a set of sawblades for the Sonoma :-)

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
2/2/21 4:58 p.m.

C5 wagon wheels > Saw blades.

Fight me.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/21 6:24 p.m.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
2/2/21 6:32 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

C5 wagon wheels > Saw blades.

Fight me.

I saved this picture of gold C5 wagon wheels 2 years ago because I thought they would look so good on something.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
2/2/21 8:00 p.m.

I love wagon wheels, but Sawblades>C5 mags>wagon wheels, aesthetically, especially  if they're not going on a vette.

If anyone disagrees, i have many wagon wheels available for trade.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/2/21 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

I've got an '80s El Camino coming my way one day.  Its got these style on it and I've never liked them.  Not sure what to replace them with.  Wagon wheels are maybe a possibility

C5 wagon wheels are berkeleying hideous, and the Pep Boys center caps make them even more so.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/2/21 9:54 p.m.

ZR1 > C5 Mag > Z06 Speedlines > C4 saw blades. Wagon wheels aren't even worth listing

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

C5 wagon wheels are berkeleying hideous, and the Pep Boys center caps make them even more so.

Preach it brother!  \m/

ejs262
ejs262 New Reader
2/3/21 3:13 a.m.

I too am running C5 fronts on all four corners of my mid-engine car!  do you have a parking brake of some kind? I'm investigating a few drum in hat options.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I like the sawblades, but I'm also kinda into 80's/90's GM junk! lol. but I definitely think the C5 wheels look great as well!

In reply to ejs262 :

No park brake here, just manual in gear.

1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 124

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DxNVVelvZPqITlpGFggIX0oiAtp3NIcHNsr0vWGSdG08LT1aARfaQsYaQ0lVqYqk