1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 124
Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
8/5/21 12:40 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Those last two posts are exactly what I was hoping for.  Life is better with some good-natured abuse. 

How come nobody told us west coast people Angry was so handsome? 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/21 12:52 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

He looks great for a guy in his 80s. 

In reply to Mezzanine :

Because y'all already got enough to feel bad about. devil

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/21 10:32 a.m.

Another nonZora post :-) 

hired a half-day fishing charter on Lake St Clair yesterday for AFIL's birthday. AK2 and I pulled some nice small mouth bass and walleye. AFIL offered moral support and general cheerleading. Charter was with Captain Tom out of Anglers Choice Marina in Harrison Township MI.

today is another nonZora day as I dig into timing belt job and LCAs on AK1's Forester

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/7/21 10:39 a.m.

Right on. 'Zora can wait, who knows how many opportunities you'll have with everyone together in the last pic. yes​​​​​​

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/7/21 10:42 a.m.

Mmmmm!  That's good bass!laugh

9/23/21 9:17 p.m.

Don't get too excited, MonZora hasn't received any real attention recently. I'm just dropping a couple of budget things in here tonight. First, a cheap set of ARE 17x9.5" rims from CL.

Holy crap are they light! Like, I'm gonna weigh them tomorrow because I think they may be on par with the C5 magnesiums.

next up is a link to free drag slicks that save me $50 vs the crappy drag radials I had in the budget.

third, a curbed washer and dryer, or in challenge-speak, free sheet metal! I heart big trash day in the nice part of town!

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
9/23/21 10:27 p.m.

Starting to think I may be back to Gainesville before this thing leaves the angry garage. 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/21 7:08 a.m.

Don't get too excited

I did. But, I too am a wheel whore so I'm not overly disappointed. Carry on 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/24/21 7:18 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Never understood people that put washers and dryers out on the curb.  I must not make enough money 

9/24/21 8:14 p.m.

I overestimated the ARE's lightness. They are 17x9.5 and weigh ~19.8 lbs.

The C5 thin-spoke aluminum fronts are 17x8.5 and weigh ~18.5 lbs.

C5 magnesium fronts are also 17x8.5 and weigh ~17 lbs.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/21 9:13 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

C5 magnesium is best. End stop. 

10/20/21 9:42 p.m.

Working on Riggamort these last few weeks, plus seeing all the cool Challenge projects coming together, inspired me to get back onto MonZora. Made some progress scabbing together old header bits to make coolant tubes.

I'll add couplers about 4" above the floor so the tubes can actually be removed.

all this work required me to clean up a bit more around the welding area and replace the blade on my band saw. Holy crap it cuts nice now! For as cheap as they are (iirc under $20 at Lowe's) I'll change the blade more frequently from now on.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/21 9:54 p.m.

Glad you got inspired, been too long with no update 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
10/20/21 9:56 p.m.

How is the Audi gearbox holding up.......OK.....I did not read the whole thread , .......so maybe thats not a proper question !

10/20/21 10:00 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

How is the Audi gearbox holding up.......OK.....I did not read the whole thread , .......so maybe thats not a proper question !

It seems to be holding up well to gravity and indoor environment. I've made some pretty aggressive engine noises in the 2 years it's been on jackstands and it hasn't missed a beat!

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
10/20/21 10:03 p.m.

Do you have a way of making a uniform flare on the exhaust tubes inserted into the hoses on the water pump?

10/20/21 10:10 p.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

Not yet. Will either modify a vise-grip to form a bead, or will just lay a weld around the outside and flap disc it into shape.

10/20/21 10:11 p.m.

And I should have looked at the pix on the last page. I like that configuration better. :-(

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
10/20/21 10:31 p.m.

It seems to be holding up well to gravity and indoor environment. I've made some pretty aggressive engine noises in the 2 years it's been on jackstands and it hasn't missed a beat!

just wondering as there are some builders putting them into 914s

10/20/21 10:50 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

I've been told they're strong enough, but I can not confirm yet.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/21 5:00 p.m.

just wondering as there are some builders putting them into 914s

The Lambo and GT40 Replica folks used them (the 016 version) quite a bit.  They found that they'd handle BMW V12 and Ford 427 power quite well, provided you don't drop the clutch often.  One guy who ran some as rental track cars, found that adding a delay in the clutch hydraulic circuit (a restrictor in the line) solved a lot of issues with them, that and adding some strength to the back of the case via a chro-moly spacer/brace.

The newer versions seem to be a bit stronger, plus they aren't terribly expensive so if one blows up, its annoying but refreshing one and tossing it at the car is fine for many folks.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/21/21 5:43 p.m.

Yay, back at it!

10/25/21 1:55 p.m.

picked this up just before heading out of town for a few days for the SAE class.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/25/21 2:19 p.m.

SCORE!

1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 124

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LR5agfGYHXVrqu1f7Nqwnro4lSgPK2Tzoh7CGX8zzivTnj5niIO1leF2epqxeaA6