1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 124
angusmf
angusmf Reader
1/19/22 6:21 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said: ...I'm including "flash C4 LT1/4L60 ECU so it thinks it's an LT4 / 6MT Camaro". This will be my first foray into tuning and flashing....

As they used to say in my video-gaming days, save early, save often. Cool stuff, P. Just make sure you have a sharpie to write "LT4" on the case of that lil overachiever when you're done.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/22 7:47 p.m.

Things have gotten away from me a bit here. It's been cold for a couple weeks and I just haven't been motivated to get out there and take back my work space.

I've got the wiring harnesses in the basement and will work on them as time allows, until I regain the will to brave the cold.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/22/22 10:54 p.m.

Without heat my shop would not see me between Dec and May. 

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/22/22 11:30 p.m.

I added a cheap mini split unit to mine so good..... Less than $750 shipped 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
1/23/22 9:38 a.m.

This is what you need for winter.  I'd be lost without it.  7500 watt heater for 125 shipped (use a 20% off coupon).

Comfort Zone® 7,500-Watt Heater with Remote | Bed Bath & Beyond (bedbathandbeyond.com)

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/23/22 9:58 a.m.

I feel you. I couldn't last 4 years in the Midwest before coming back south. I had one of those 240V infrared heaters plugged into my welder outlet, pointed at me constantly, and it still sucked. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/23/22 10:44 a.m.

I use a Mr. Heater Buddy heater (propane tank adapter) that's been really good. You know how crappy my garage is, and it'll still take the chill out - though it doesn't get warm

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/23/22 11:32 a.m.

I need an insulated shop with a wood stove........nirvana.

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
1/23/22 12:28 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

I need an insulated shop with a wood stove........nirvana.

And a small fridge stocked with favorite alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages

1/23/22 4:00 p.m.

In reply to all heater suggestions:

I have a radiant heater on a 20# propane bottle that does a decent job for what it is. Mini-split is on the list for late 2022.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/23/22 4:25 p.m.

I have one of these radiant tubes in the peak of my shop. About 20' long.

I leave the shop at 5C when not working and in half an hour this makes T-shirt weather. 

Quiet, no smell and I am pretty sure I could bake a paint job if I wanted to. At least the upper panels!

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/23/22 7:08 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

I used a pioneer unit and it's freezing up FWIW. But again cheap. And I wired it to an extension cord to the garage door opener circuit..... 61 is minimum, but garage feels good at that 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/22 8:41 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Things have gotten away from me a bit here. It's been cold for a couple weeks and I just haven't been motivated to get out there and take back my work space.

I've got the wiring harnesses in the basement and will work on them as time allows, until I regain the will to brave the cold.

Well, since no one else is going to say it... I see your Zinus. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/24/22 12:20 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Well since no one else was going to say it: CLOSE THE berkeleyING DOOR!!  YOU'RE LETTING OUT ALL THE HEAT!

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
1/24/22 2:21 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Quiet, no smell and I am pretty sure I could bake a paint job if I wanted to. At least the upper panels!

That's what the rotisserie is for!!

I love those, btw. We have them at work, and they are amazeballs

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/25/22 9:36 a.m.
llysgennad said:
NOHOME said:

That's what the rotisserie is for!!

I love those, btw. We have them at work, and they are amazeballs

So those are natural gas? Looks neat. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/25/22 10:29 a.m.

I hear you all on the cold shop. On my new shop project, I basically just bit the bullet and have my buddy installing a full size heat pump. He installs these for a living and let me purchase it wholesale from the distributor. Biggest issue now is getting the county to approve my variance for a 2nd power meter, but that is another story all together. I figure I'll be in here all four seasons, so might as well have AC as well as heat for the winter as it will be fully insulated. At 57 years old, I am too old to freeze or sweat to death anymore.

Those Schwank radient heat heaters, look really sweet to add to an existing shop or garage. Personally, I am really tired of my old kerosene heater, but that is all I can do now to get some work done until the project below is finished and I can move in.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/22 12:39 p.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

If I had as much land as you I'd be drilling a geothermal well.  More efficient cooling and heating.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/25/22 8:22 p.m.

I priced that a while back, would have cost as much as 1/2 of my new shop, so that is not happening....

So back to Angry's garage, when is he going to get started on that wiring harness?

1/25/22 9:08 p.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter) said:

So back to Angry's garage, when is he going to get started on that wiring harness?

One of these days...

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/25/22 10:26 p.m.

I still think this is pretty awesome 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/31/22 11:28 p.m.

I know it's bitter cold in Michigan right now but hopefully this can inspire some hand modeling and build progress.  I finally got a good print, my little resin machine has been fighting me lately.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

That's a concours-winning detail right there! I love it!

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/2/22 11:56 a.m.

That's way cool.

3/5/22 11:22 p.m.

For the first time in a long time, I actually did some work on MonZora. I found the bolts for the oil filter adapter (a long time ago I threaded them into their holes in the block so I wouldn't lose them), so I dug out the gaskets and got that installed:

then I fired up my CAD machine and made a template for the valve cover heat shields:

I made a centering hole punch by sharpening the edge of a small bushing driver that was a slip fit on a transfer punch:

with another bushing driver and a small piece of tubing to strike it, it worked nicely to punch the mounting holes in the template:

the heat shields will attach to the heads in place of the C4 spark plug wire holders:

tomorrow, maybe, I will transfer design from CAD to sheet metal. my source for the shields is a 4' twin-tube fluorescent fixture I picked up on trash day a few months ago.

1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 124

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q1EdJRFEfTZWqBk2mW71xHVUQ71M1hRYCAOuJzLDYAL7JSziQGezFU92JNBivPGE