1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 124
jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
5/27/23 8:56 a.m.

If anyone there can, pics and updates (thanks John!) for those of us watching from afar are greatly appreciated!

ralleah
ralleah GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/27/23 11:04 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

If anyone there can, pics and updates (thanks John!) for those of us watching from afar are greatly appreciated!

x1000!!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/27/23 11:51 a.m.

Sorry, not me. We got two runs in 52-53 second range, flying tires the whole course. 

Its fast. Stupid fast. 

Currently its not running right  and we're letting it cool down.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/27/23 11:55 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Not to detract from everyone else's effort and amazing cars, but I think that for many of us MonZora is the 2023 Challenge. Thanks for the pic!

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
5/27/23 12:39 p.m.

The car looked awesome on track. It's also hiking the inside front wheel on corners, sometimes many inches in the air, usually carrying it a noticeable amount around the corner. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/27/23 2:14 p.m.

Those are some very respectable times for a car that hadn’t been driven in over 40 years until Thursday afternoon. Congratulations Patrick and props to all those that helped to get the last things done. 

obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/27/23 2:19 p.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

The car looked awesome on track. It's also hiking the inside front wheel on corners, sometimes many inches in the air, usually carrying it a noticeable amount around the corner. 

Oh man, can't wait for action shots.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
5/27/23 2:44 p.m.

In reply to obsolete :

Agreed. I was working on the course so I can't help there. I talked to AC briefly at lunchtime and he's well aware. There's some theories about how to approach the issue. Car looked awesome, sounded great, just needs some finishing. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/27/23 3:08 p.m.

Were back and running! 

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
5/27/23 5:22 p.m.

Yay!!!!

Dusterbd13-michael
5/27/23 5:57 p.m.

Sitting at 32 overall, 9 gtu$ going into the drags. All he needs is one clean run, then we see what it'll do.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/27/23 6:36 p.m.

One run down. We have a time. 

Everything after this is WINNING. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
5/27/23 6:40 p.m.

That's fantastic. Great news for today!!

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
5/27/23 6:59 p.m.

This is great!  Killin' it Patrick!

GaryC83
GaryC83 Reader
5/27/23 7:05 p.m.

Absolutely positively bitchin.

Nothing else need be said. Congrats again. Thing is bad ass. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/27/23 7:11 p.m.

How are the drag times?

Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/27/23 7:47 p.m.

I want some video of the drag pass. I went back and looked at the exhaust setup, bet it sounds good, and kinda odd coming from a corvair

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/27/23 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

It sounds awesome, check out the video Patrick posted of the first drive on Thursday if you haven’t seen it.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/23 8:53 p.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

In reply to obsolete :

Agreed. I was working on the course so I can't help there. I talked to AC briefly at lunchtime and he's well aware. There's some theories about how to approach the issue. Car looked awesome, sounded great, just needs some finishing. 

What issue?  Sounds about right to me.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/27/23 9:22 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Watched that. Made me go look at the exhaust setup, now I want to hear it with him Givin it all the onions

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/27/23 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

I wish my Mustang sounded that good and I have Roush “mufflers”. devil

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/23 9:33 p.m.

Y'all are too kind. My expectations were high, so I feel like I didn't deliver on the dynamic events. I'll feel better in the morning, and I'll do my best in the concours. The support has been overwhelming. Thank you all, onsite and online.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/23 9:34 p.m.
Opti said:

In reply to 11GTCS :

Watched that. Made me go look at the exhaust setup, now I want to hear it with him Givin it all the onions

I shall make it so, eventually.

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/27/23 9:40 p.m.

I really enjoyed meeting Patrick AKA Angry and the surrounding cast of people!  I will leave it to him to tell the story but I do hope somebody got good video of it on the autocross course, it was absolutely hauling ass and picking the inside front wheel up on the turns.  He ran one shakedown pass on the dragstrip and was about to go run another as I left.  I took a video of him on the shakedown pass but due to a screwed up zoom setting I mostly got video of the grass.. LOL.

I don't know how many scratch built cars go from first drive to autocross and dragstrip at speed less than a week later.. but that was a hell of an impressive debut!  With some time to polish and debug this car is going to be a killer.  

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/27/23 10:11 p.m.

AC. Bro. Congrats. You put up with all the smack. Then the car went from jackstands to the far end of the dynamic event with no catastrophic failures, and still working at the end. And a solid performance even with a bunch of heavyweights in competition. Hell yeah. You'll kill in concourse and I predict an excellent overall finish. 

1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 124

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
00egXofUp5QcM1dX6sN1zYTKhGvc3iDXN4sXWgdS2LjRVfvNbTOWJJNPz7LgOW54