MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
6/20/13 3:27 p.m.

got a ZL1 in the shop this morning. it's getting the works, and expect to see the detailed build soon...

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/13 3:28 p.m.

A sunroof equipped car to start? Interesting...

What are you building it for?

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
6/20/13 3:45 p.m.
Javelin wrote: A sunroof equipped car to start? Interesting... What are you building it for?

we are building it for a customer. he wants a "do All" to daily drive and run nasa tt/ hpde- some track days. He mostly wants to have a 1-2 mile top speed car. he said he wants to break 180mph in a mile and compete with lingenfelter's camaro. PS: we love lingenfelter here at the shop they make an awesome car :)

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/20/13 4:02 p.m.

I wish I had the pockets to have something like that built.....

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
6/21/13 12:46 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I wish I had the pockets to have something like that built.....

i know!! wish i could find a buyer for all this drool and fap...

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
6/21/13 12:47 p.m.

going out of order here, but our MTI LSA cam went in.

we'll need a big bag to put everything that's not going back into the car.

Installed the MTI stage 3 heads. port-polished-springs-retainers...the works.

Oversized pulleys for more boost.

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
6/21/13 2:03 p.m.

Is that a Texas state inspection sticker I see in that windshield?

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/21/13 4:12 p.m.

I need some of this grass and roots.

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
6/21/13 4:33 p.m.

OMG i updated the thead wrong. sorry

took the valve covers off, pulled the rockers and the push rods.

check out these little guys.. instead of pulling them we'll just swap out the head that has a little nicer set.

here is Kerby working away. I had to jingle my keys above the camera to get him to look at the camera. he gets really involved in the work that he is doing.

mmmm 6.2L :drool: note the stock timing tensioner. we have had a few cases of these failing and chewing up motors.

So we replace all of them. This nice little unit is cheap and much safer. We call it the [SIZE="5"][B]Bow-tie[/B][/SIZE]. -wile we where at it we upgraded the gears to a C6R Set and upgraded the oil pump too!

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
6/21/13 11:33 p.m.

I've seen a lot of your creations running on track up close and personal. They are generally some of the fastest cars running. I look forward to the build and seeing this at a NASA Event in the near future.

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
6/27/13 5:08 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: I've seen a lot of your creations running on track up close and personal. They are generally some of the fastest cars running. I look forward to the build and seeing this at a NASA Event in the near future.

thanks for the kind words lop. reese's corvette just put down a 1:24.8 @ road Atlanta. watching him come off the last turn was insane. the car has our 840hp (all motor) super 500. the tail end was wiggling around but he was flat out.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/13 5:59 p.m.

Looks awesome so far!

Any customers plan on bringing in the new Z/28?

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/27/13 6:55 p.m.

This is fun to watch! Thanks for posting, those of us with lesser pocketbooks like to live vicariously through other with deep pockets!

Looks like it's going to be mean. Curious on the double duty aspect, any rollbar (full/partial)?

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/27/13 7:55 p.m.

Hey Cobb county in the house! I bought Forgeline parts from you guys years ago. Nice build!

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
7/3/13 12:04 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GOokhyVlk0&feature=youtu.be

^^^ its done. now we need to install the juice

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/3/13 12:34 p.m.

In reply to MTI_Racing:

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
7/22/13 4:48 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9RMpEwN2M

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
7/22/13 5:20 p.m.
MTI_Racing wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9RMpEwN2M

That rear end is moving around a bit more then 950hp would make it right. 950 without the nitrous.

MTI_Racing
MTI_Racing New Reader
7/31/13 11:41 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe: it's 950 with the juice, 700ish just rolling around town. it drives like a normal street car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hJWOvLIguo8gCjx1HyNTiLPPXAGRm9qbUnX2sSmky1P3JaNkIAUHl7A2AlGoFc3N