Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/31/21 1:48 a.m.

In reply to CJ (FS) :

thank you , CJ

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/1/21 12:29 p.m.

This is a really neat build. Learned a lot from your updates & progress and will be following!

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/1/21 1:45 p.m.

In reply to Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) :

thank you,,it;s not hard of a conversion.. just the little things slow me up.. like exhaust ( wrong side of the car)  an my soon to be 4th try at drivers side engine mount( gets in the way of the alternator)

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/2/21 10:58 p.m.

i was having so much trouble centering the engine and transmission into the car.. 4 sets of engine mounts later....i noticed the floor and tunnel in my spider is asymmertrical..... wonderful    sad

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/6/21 3:44 p.m.

brakes and suspension

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/6/21 11:25 p.m.

the front springs are on the car... they are ' purple '  lol

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/8/21 12:09 p.m.

made these to so i can get the down pipes set for the collector.. the "U " pipes are  for new lower header to fit the car, these will be cut  for shapes i need

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/9/21 4:33 p.m.

lower header down pipes started  and earl's fitting on fuel rail and ford escape fuel pump assb.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/9/21 4:44 p.m.

and test fit the new fiberglass inner and outer hood

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/9/21 4:50 p.m.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/10/21 9:41 p.m.

3 hours of cutting. trimming, grinding.. till i got the angles right..i used white abs  pumbing tubing to get both lined up correctly... in a few days.. the lower pipes and collector welded on.. this was hard work...in and out of the engine bay for 3 hours...

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/11/21 4:18 p.m.

2 downpipes// loose enough to swivel... so i can adjust tp aim the pipes and miss the tunnel, but tight enough to put a good weld on.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/14/21 6:11 p.m.

lower header in the car.. need to heat the pipes up to get a slight bend to clear the bodyshell. then remove ansd finish the welds, so it looks better

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/15/21 8:02 p.m.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/16/21 6:43 p.m.

under the nose view of the engine, and s2 glass hood

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/19/21 12:00 a.m.

must pull the engine and tranny.. the shop that made the hardlines to mt slave cly..... flared them at 45 degrees.. my AN fittings on my slave are 37 degrees..not very happy about this...and the slave is inside the belhousing...

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
4/21/21 9:09 p.m.

new slave cly, update design

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/19/21 11:33 p.m.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/20/21 12:18 a.m.

steering parts   5/8 qa1 teflon rod ends  , 5/8 id x 1.25 od x 1.75 long stainless steel spacer.. each side of rod end safety washers.. 5./8  grade 8 bolt... all steering part noted here, will be on the non thread shank of the bolt.. nylock nut to 45 lbs/ft

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/22/21 7:56 p.m.

let see how close i got the installe...i did remove the brake booster it was in the way of the oil filter mount  ( i cut that off.) to also clear the steeringbox.... the throttle to brake master cly is 5 mm,, the centre steering link to the the transmission belhousing   ( trimmed after this photo.. )3 mm to start, now 6 mm..so i got it spot on..so i cannot move the engine/ tranny fore or aft,,  the engine /tranny mounts are the same poly mounts

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/10/21 12:09 a.m.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/10/21 11:03 p.m.

making tunnel, might duel wall the sheet steel, one on each side of the tubing, then fill with expandable foam                

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/11/21 5:38 p.m.

also, ran out of steel from the vertical part to the longer legs...getting new steel monday

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/19/21 11:39 p.m.

more tunnel work   1/2 square steel tubing.....  plug spot welded, the sheet steel to the frame...and a ' alfa romeo ' badge for the coil pack/ valve cover

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/21/21 12:06 a.m.

coil pack cover, clear coat in two days   

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PuWhZNA6vTC5dxUjhVoqTPCAxvVPLvLtqdsJYL80PmwW5KuoefNKGCP8o4RUla0S