Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
10/18/21 10:59 p.m.

by the way.. sorry,,its just alfa romeo

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
10/19/21 11:26 a.m.
Alfaromeoguy said:

What are we looking at here? I thought it was some sort of injector at first...but the hold down and modification has me confused. Thanks for posting your progress; I enjoy this build! 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
10/19/21 1:02 p.m.

oem  ford speedo, cut a section off to make it fit in a very tight tunnel.., then epoxied a penny to the open top. perect fit.. and it works.. and new tunnel

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
10/19/21 7:53 p.m.

just coolent lines  2 fuel lines... and wiring left  i am keeping the engine ecu separate harness from the car harness

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
10/20/21 12:08 p.m.

Nice solution on the speed sensor! 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
10/20/21 7:52 p.m.

thanks it took a few trys to get it right..but nice to have a pick and pull around

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
11/4/21 8:28 p.m.

new uprated  rear rotors  oem is 10.2 solid disk.. new set are 12.19 inch vented.. the rotors are waxed to prevent rust from forming, untill i mount them   

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
11/5/21 12:17 a.m.

there is a video on youtube... 2.2ecotec conversion on alfa romeo spider...... have no idea how to load the video here...the valve cover will be painted flat black

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
11/7/21 3:40 p.m.

rear brake hat and 12.19 inch vented rotor..oem brake disk, i cut and sanded away to shape..not perfect....do some more finishing in a week or so

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/23/22 4:33 p.m.

rebuilt and cleaned the front suspension.. add two 13 mm spacer between the lower A arm mount and the body shell

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/23/22 4:41 p.m.

getting oem fuel tank ready for the new ford fuel pump and sender.. cut section out of the tank,, removed the centre riser.. cleaned the area to be welded... then i will clean the welds.. solder the area to seal the tank.. need to get donor section from dead ford

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/23/22 7:54 p.m.

also got one trailing arm ( rear ) ready for qa1 coil over adjustable, and front and rear sperical bearings to keep the rear end supple,, no binding

Gammaboy
Gammaboy New Reader
1/24/22 4:43 a.m.
Alfaromeoguy said:

rebuilt and cleaned the front suspension.. add two 13 mm spacer between the lower A arm mount and the body shell

Why? They have enough issues with front end geometry as it is!

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/5/22 9:13 p.m.

qa1 / jegs  duel adjustables are on the front of the car.. had to modify the bushes to fit, i have new rotors..will install later

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/27/22 4:25 a.m.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/27/22 4:27 a.m.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/27/22 4:30 a.m.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/27/22 4:42 a.m.

In reply to Gammaboy :

i will be using a speedway motors  upper a arm,, can get diff top ball joints to adjust 

obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/27/22 10:16 a.m.
Alfaromeoguy said:

How noticeable is the rise and fall of the shift knob between gears with that setup? My car is going to need a similar offset and I'm afraid it's going to end up feeling weird to shift.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/27/22 7:06 p.m.

kinda cheated.. the tubes are 2.25 o.d.. i used 2.25 i.d. slip tubes to make the  connections easier to weld up, welding butt to butt,,,can be hard to make clean welds, i dont have a shop so i make due with what i have . i can slip the exhaust tube in and rotate it to fit better, esp, the curved sections under the car. will remake the header part closer to the flange later on

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/27/22 8:34 p.m.

In reply to obsolete :

i dont notice it at all, come to hand well.. 5 th gear is an easier reach

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/31/22 8:49 p.m.

fuel tank work    

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/31/22 9:09 p.m.

I miss my Alfa. I had to get my fuel tank restored, but I was too chicken to do it myself. I love your build. 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/31/22 9:33 p.m.

1 ... 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fBhLLKXi6l7NucTVwJSLHW4GcusawR6a0Bl4NrUqKKIXePEjLJsSmPHmM8MC1U9g