....in.......    

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/24/21 10:48 p.m.

wiring fun...

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
1/24/21 11:28 p.m.

The engine looks too tall for the hood you made, did you try it?

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/25/21 9:06 p.m.

had to get new plug for the ecu.. so check every plug for correct colour.. tape and label ecu plug number,, check 3 times, as a burned out /  reflashed ecu's are $$$$.. this is the black plug, blue one tommorrow..     

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/1/21 5:53 a.m.

steering is a problem... working on a fix..made a 13 mm spacer to lower the 'A' arm pivot arm,, that helped..some..full rubber boots to cover the qa1 rod ends/rose joints when set p

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/8/21 9:55 p.m.

no brake booster.. no room, but with 12.19 inch vented disk and porsche boxster calipers on all 4 corners..i did change the pedal ratio for no booster   

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/8/21 10:02 p.m.

on all 4 wheels.. engine at 2 degrees down to the rear....( mini spare tires for when i work on the car...running tires and wheels are 205/50/16 ).....

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/8/21 10:04 p.m.

will need to make remote shifter... move the centre of shifter  5 inches to the rear..

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/13/21 12:36 p.m.

need to remote the shifter about 5 inchs to the rear, for better feel.... i helped a freind design and install this in his ' cobra '.i will just make another, and reverse it to fit my car...

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/13/21 5:34 p.m.

Looks like it is coming along. How is the wiring ? 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/14/21 1:25 a.m.
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) said:

Looks like it is coming along. How is the wiring ? 

ecu wiring is done,, now for the main bodyshell.. all my lamps are LED's   so i can run smaller wires to keep it light

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/4/21 1:18 a.m.

a bit more work, today.. made patterns for new tranny tunnel, and found a way to lower the engine some more. and new qa1/jegs duel adjustable shocks for the front and rear

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/4/21 1:21 a.m.

and started work on the pamhard rod rear suspension set up

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/4/21 1:22 a.m.

very close to running now....when doing this coversion.i have a much greater appreciation for the designers of any car. esp. for the older cars// as in the alfa romeo.. all the spiders, up to the end 1994... were all hand built.. put a panel in a jig, add next panel... weld.. then adding all the holes for the threaded inserts.. threaded studs//etc... ......amazing

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/8/21 12:38 a.m.

mounts ( adjustable ) for my led tailights

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/11/21 4:51 a.m.

new rear brake rotors and grade 8 bolts and an washers for mounting

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/14/21 4:26 p.m.

some trimming to fit the new LED headlight into the bucket   

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/14/21 4:27 p.m.

all the lights in my alfa, headlights, tail lights dash , marker etc will be using LED lights.. so i can make a lighter harness............and yes.. i will cleanup the hole and add a rubber gorment

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/15/21 3:52 a.m.

no gormets to fit so dremal and white pvc fitting.. will get rubber plug and slit one side for water proof fit..

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
3/15/21 12:39 p.m.

The LED headlights should be a nice upgrade for sure. I'm pretty sure I bought blank grommets from McMaster Carr when I converted to LED...

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/29/21 12:19 a.m.

i dont know how to post a video here.. but if you go to        'alfa romeo bb'   go to engine conversions,   then click on ' bianchi2 engine conversion'.. last page... scroll down to see short video

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/29/21 9:58 p.m.

or now.. youtube.....2.2 ecotec in a alfa romeo spider

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/30/21 2:20 a.m.
1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yImqEMERiAcUixWgISVpM3gxhxc7SRiw0PaubNsGWl9aKqM3WLBipmED8MOJTR6B