1 ... 7 8 9 10
Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/14/21 12:22 a.m.

from alfa romeo website.. someone else has cut there crossmember for a s2000 engine transplant   ... i have extra room for more steel behind the one i welded into the car.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/14/21 12:27 a.m.

and centre link with boot covers for the ros ends/ rose joints   

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/14/21 12:29 a.m.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
1/14/21 8:43 p.m.
Alfaromeoguy said:

thanks ,    not  a ta...............question..i have seen/photos of this?    

Is this ^^^the same kind and year of car? The Steering looks different. Different Pitman, idler, etc. and is farther away from the cross member. If the car is similar is there a chance that swapping to the steering rack used in these pics would give you the clearance you need?

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/14/21 11:37 p.m.

no diff. car, same idea in cutting the crossmember.. i found i can add some extra steel to the front of the one i welded into the car... and also i can lower the engine 2 more inchs and have 1/2 inch of clearence pan to crossmember

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/16/21 10:17 p.m.

engine in the car now, on the motor mounts( sorry forgot to take photos, will post sunday ) starting the exhaust system  upper headers on the car, doing the collecion pipes now, slow work, not much room to do this  cut small sections, see if fits, tack weld next section... this is the first section... i can make good welds, then i bugger a section up,, oh well,, no one well see this part..

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/19/21 5:19 p.m.

steering set up. on paper    

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/19/21 5:20 p.m.

had to re post.. why?

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/21/21 8:55 p.m.

....in.......    

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/24/21 10:48 p.m.

wiring fun...

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
1/24/21 11:28 p.m.

The engine looks too tall for the hood you made, did you try it?

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/25/21 9:06 p.m.

had to get new plug for the ecu.. so check every plug for correct colour.. tape and label ecu plug number,, check 3 times, as a burned out /  reflashed ecu's are $$$$.. this is the black plug, blue one tommorrow..     

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/1/21 5:53 a.m.

steering is a problem... working on a fix..made a 13 mm spacer to lower the 'A' arm pivot arm,, that helped..some..full rubber boots to cover the qa1 rod ends/rose joints when set p

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/8/21 9:55 p.m.

no brake booster.. no room, but with 12.19 inch vented disk and porsche boxster calipers on all 4 corners..i did change the pedal ratio for no booster   

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/8/21 10:02 p.m.

on all 4 wheels.. engine at 2 degrees down to the rear....( mini spare tires for when i work on the car...running tires and wheels are 205/50/16 ).....

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/8/21 10:04 p.m.

will need to make remote shifter... move the centre of shifter  5 inches to the rear..

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/13/21 12:36 p.m.

need to remote the shifter about 5 inchs to the rear, for better feel.... i helped a freind design and install this in his ' cobra '.i will just make another, and reverse it to fit my car...

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/13/21 5:34 p.m.

Looks like it is coming along. How is the wiring ? 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
2/14/21 1:25 a.m.
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) said:

Looks like it is coming along. How is the wiring ? 

ecu wiring is done,, now for the main bodyshell.. all my lamps are LED's   so i can run smaller wires to keep it light

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/4/21 1:18 a.m.

a bit more work, today.. made patterns for new tranny tunnel, and found a way to lower the engine some more. and new qa1/jegs duel adjustable shocks for the front and rear

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/4/21 1:21 a.m.

and started work on the pamhard rod rear suspension set up

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/4/21 1:22 a.m.

very close to running now....when doing this coversion.i have a much greater appreciation for the designers of any car. esp. for the older cars// as in the alfa romeo.. all the spiders, up to the end 1994... were all hand built.. put a panel in a jig, add next panel... weld.. then adding all the holes for the threaded inserts.. threaded studs//etc... ......amazing

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/8/21 12:38 a.m.

mounts ( adjustable ) for my led tailights

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/11/21 4:51 a.m.

new rear brake rotors and grade 8 bolts and an washers for mounting

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/14/21 4:26 p.m.

some trimming to fit the new LED headlight into the bucket