1 2 3 4
malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/30/21 8:26 p.m.
Sgt_Sizzle said:

malibuguy your threads are an inspiration, I have been reading a TON of GRM threads lately (work is slower then traffic in a Georgia snowstorm) and finally got up the gumption to make myself a profile so I can finally tell people how cool their crap boxes are. I have a buddy with a 2 door 5 spd Tercel that I will definitely be sending these build links to. These make me look at my sisters '96 that's rotting in my parents back yard with a renewed interest.  Keep up the great work and I cant wait to see where these go from here.

I appreciate it dude.  This car has really blossomed this year and I have a lot of plans for it next year.  Floyd, my pink tercel is nearly road ready again, so that is very exciting (for me at least) and I will keep posting about all of them.  I have a hot motor lined up for the 4dr Tercel lurking in my garage, but that is not a priority project atm.

These cars in general fly under the radar, plus there is a lot of autozone tuner variants that keep the mere suggestion of one a joke to most people.

If your sisters 96 aint rotten, get it back on the road!

malibuguy
7/31/21 8:07 p.m.

Had an opportunity to get the bastards together 

Also installed some new shifter bearings that replace the rubber bushings.

malibuguy
8/6/21 3:19 p.m.

New falken rt660 tires on Enkei RF02 wheels and a made a new quieter rear section using a modified DynoMax SuperTurbo that I dub thee "Super Duper Turbo"

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev New Reader
8/6/21 4:12 p.m.

Awesome thread. I had a 4th-gen with a 4-speed manual back in high school (~2006). Still kick myself for selling it. 

Once put 4 new tires on it for about $110. 

malibuguy
8/22/21 8:46 a.m.

some pics from the last event

malibuguy
9/11/21 3:56 p.m.

New clutch from Action to hopefully handle the abuse.  The ebay clutch started slipping after boost exceeded 5psi.

Got a new friction for my old Aasco aluminum flywheel (from an old build) and then had it balanced with the new Action plate. 

Put the clutch in this morning along with a new boost gauge from the home land.

malibuguy
9/28/21 3:51 p.m.

Begun work on my a2w chargecooler today.  Only got the discharge done.  Hope to work on the inlet soon.

And no I was not going for perfect welds (i rarely do on my cars lol)

Also been messing with zener diodes since my bleed valve on the MAP doesnt react fast enough sometimes since Ive taken off the "backdoor" springs on the wastegate and it boosts fast and hard now and occasionally sends me into fuel cut.  So after a 4.3, I tried a 4.7 and its perfect.  Fueling is absolutely unaffected in boost.  The 4.3 basically went lean as soon as I hit positive pressure.  This will do for now until many other things come into play like new bottom end, ecu and other things.

Inbetween welding...I am getting drill happy

1SlowVW
1SlowVW HalfDork
9/28/21 6:34 p.m.

Good sir are those parts from the jaaaag? 

malibuguy
9/28/21 7:03 p.m.
1SlowVW said:

Good sir are those parts from the jaaaag? 

Yessir thats the core Dustin originally sent down

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
9/28/21 9:47 p.m.

What are your thoughts on the Echo and the Yaris (older 3 Doors) in comparison to the Tercel in terms of basic corner carving and mods?

malibuguy
9/29/21 5:57 a.m.
Agent98 said:

What are your thoughts on the Echo and the Yaris (older 3 Doors) in comparison to the Tercel in terms of basic corner carving and mods?

My daily is a Yaris sedan, and in reality...its better...given it weights nearly 2500lbs (the car is heavier then stock).  

HOWEVER, I am always happier in my Tercels FWIW, Echo and Yaris you sit like a minivan.  Tercels have nicer interior materials as well.  You really cannot go much wrong with any of the 3...just find the nicest one for the money.  In stock form...Tercel & Echo have weaker transmissions...more current aftermarket availible for the Yaris, unless your in Canada...they used to have an Echo/Vitz racing series.

malibuguy
10/9/21 8:20 p.m.

Finished building the charge cooler the other week.  So now I need to figure out a holding tank and a cooler.  For a pump I plan to use a Bosch gt500 unit

Also realized my rear mount was trashed (filled stocker) so I got a 'street' powerflex insert.  I nearly forgot I had did it on the drive home.  Very respectable manners.

Ran the last event with WDCR last weekend.  Got 1st again.

But Ive noticed in the last couple weeks the car...just lost its edge.  Still makes power but just didn't feel 100%.  Also a few people at the event sad the car seemed to smoke even more then usual LOL

Yesterday I confirmed my suspicions.

205, 208, 213 and...

I already had plans to go to an earlier motor to get better rods and more rpm anyways so its just w/e I didn't want to hurt the motor but it smoked so damn bad anyways

Also new wheels arrived yesterday too.  15x8 et20 KE Motorsports Pro

V6Buicks
V6Buicks Reader
10/11/21 7:17 a.m.

That intercooler is sweeeeeet!

Too bad about the engine.  Luckily fun car season is almost over anyway.

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
5OBaQkSGrQEzqacrDMmG2etRLPQ1z2VHjAQSUFAHyzAH724CAby8ZaltAL9eVAtY