1 2
AronT
AronT New Reader
1/10/17 12:43 p.m.

Hello guys, my name is Aron and I'm from Iceland, this is my car. It's original BMW E36 320i, but is now 328i

BMW E36 328i
Santorini Blue II(327)
Drive, 287.xxx on body but 174.xxx on motor(M52B28)

Black Leather
Sunroof
M-Tech all around
Coilovers
M50 Manifold
S-Tech exhaust manifold from Schmiedmann
M3 Exhaust
LTW Spoiler
ESR SR04 18" 8.5"(Et30) Front, 9.5"(Et35) Rear
188mm 3.14 25% LSD

So this is taken in 2012 when I bought the car. Very original hehe

I drove it like that for about 2 years then I wanted to do something cool so I did.. Bought a lot of stuff before I painted it, M-Tech bumpers all around for example

These are all taken in 2016

So this year I've done some things for her..

First of I did some subframe overhaul, changed all bushings, end links and painted everything :)

Did the same for the brakes all round

Got myself some Racelands Ultimos for starter, looking to buy a set of Alirbags later on

Replaced those nasty ass axles with shiny new ones

Bought new wheels, ESR SR04 8.5(et35) 9.5(et30)

Bought something I never knew I was going to buy.. but really like it, LTW wing

Because I was painting the spoiler I decided to paint all the front end again

And finally.. Bought a new engine M52B28 and took my old M52B25 out

And almost forgot, bought myself a set of OEM 2 piece style 42 17", took it apart, stripped the powder coat. Was a heeeelll of a job, took me about 5 days to get everything off and polished the lip. This is the outcome.

Before.

After.

So.. winter finally arrived in Iceland, with a lot of snow and E36 M3.. so I had to put my baby inside, but bought myself a 316i Mtech Compact as a winterbeater with a blown engine so I had to swap another 1600 into it.

Gave my Compact a good cleaning today, inside & out

It is, the grass is still green here in Iceland at the moment, really strange. Same time last year everything was covered in heavy snow. So my Compact is still waiting for that!

But bought some Christmas gifts for my car.

Mesh for my M front bumper
GTR splitter on my bumper
DTM style flap for my LTW
Sideskirt mouting kit
Camber plates front
"BMW" front bumper center moulding
Aaaand finally, got my hands on a pair of Sparcos R100

Some more stuff I got

Got me a brand new set of ignition coils and red rivets for my ESR SR04 wheels

Also got a custom made gurney flap for my LTW

Created a Facebook page for my build also if you want to follow

https://www.facebook.com/AronTs-BMW-178539552621687

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/10/17 3:08 p.m.

Nice builds, I love those E36 Compacts

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/17 3:14 p.m.

That's dead sexy right there.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UltraDork
1/10/17 3:17 p.m.

Santorini Blue So delicious

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
1/10/17 4:02 p.m.

Nice! I love the ti's, especially in great colors like that!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/10/17 4:19 p.m.

Very nice!

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/10/17 7:42 p.m.

I love both!

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
1/10/17 8:16 p.m.

Love the blue. Where is the pic with it wearing the style 42 wheels? They will look better (IMO) than the ESR 5 spokes. I'd have gone with something other than white though... race pads make orange dust!

Nice stuff. Do you guys have a road course in Iceland yet where you can use an E36 for what it's good at? :)

You are making me wax nostalgic

Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
1/10/17 8:17 p.m.

I was scared when I saw the car in paint with that blue. But with the tape removed it looks sweet! Love the look!

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
1/11/17 8:17 a.m.

Hmm, I also wouldn't mind seeing the white Style 42s...I have an E34 that I'm considering doing that with.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
1/11/17 10:09 a.m.

Thats quite the pair you have! That blue is fantastic.

AronT
AronT New Reader
1/11/17 3:21 p.m.

First fitment on Style 42s, not the right tire size at the front but looks great!

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
1/12/17 7:42 a.m.

droool.... That is a winning combination right there.

Well done.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
1/12/17 10:57 a.m.

Schwing. That looks awesome.

AronT
AronT New Reader
1/12/17 4:51 p.m.

Got some new stuff today, Mtech mouldings, seat gap fillers, hood/trunk badges and some performance cams :D

AronT
AronT New Reader
1/14/17 6:04 p.m.

Wanted to show you guys how my car was before I painted it

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/17 6:29 p.m.

Since you mentioned a winter beater - I have a question about Iceland: How do roads get cleared? Snow plows only? Any aggregate or SALT?

I am curious because some areas in America use "road salt" and it just tortures the steel.

AronT
AronT New Reader
1/14/17 7:16 p.m.

Yes we have big plows that clear the roads and apply salt at the same time. But every new car in Iceland is sprayed with rust protection. Sometimes we have really tough winters especially at northern Iceland but in the south, like Reykjavik where I live not so often. Like if I look out the window now its clear. But few days ago we had a lot of snow coming in but it went away 2 days later :)

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/17 7:26 p.m.

Interesting. I was curious if the land of Ice had a better solution. Cheers.

AronT
AronT New Reader
1/14/17 7:42 p.m.

Icelanders are very good at driving in the snow, and our cars have to be prepared for the worst. If the police catches you on summer tires in winter, well you're broke for a month or two. Also we have a lot of jeeps so if anyone gets stuck you don't have to look far. Someone will come and drag you out if you just wave. The other day me and my friends went on a glacier tour, well as you can see the snow is pretty heavy. That's a 44" Nissan Patrol at the top photo.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/17 10:31 a.m.

I love the color. Thanks for sharing!

Durty
Durty New Reader
1/18/17 10:51 a.m.

Once you get hooked into the brand and get all the tools its nice to have some consistency between summer and winter beaters.

Keep up the good work!

AronT
AronT New Reader
1/27/17 4:26 p.m.
Durty wrote: Once you get hooked into the brand and get all the tools its nice to have some consistency between summer and winter beaters. Keep up the good work!

Hahah yeah tell me... Thanks mate :)

AronT
AronT New Reader
2/4/17 2:15 p.m.

So since it's still winter and my car is in storage Im just going crazy on ebay, you know how this works haha, so I just ordered a new silencer, TA-Technix, brand new lifters, M-tech rear bumper and studs :)

Durty
Durty New Reader
2/4/17 2:59 p.m.

Make sure to take pics when installing, I like living vicariously and pretending I have time to get my hands dirty.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J9bgLagSCDzqXvj3W0xirjn6Ctbb3kw809eDa3K6jbc0h9C185pIgqy5XK62T6Id