1 ... 6 7 8
SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/15/23 1:20 p.m.

Doggone it. That friggen red car is a magnet for trouble. 

Tornado came through my town. Ripped the roof off my house. Of course while it was there, it HAD to drop another tree on the red car...

sadfrownsad

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/23 1:23 p.m.

^^^That sucks , Paul. 

I have NOCONES's NB in East TN currently. We can talk about what parts you want, and how to get them to you as time allows.

I'll send a PM to get the lines of communication up.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/15/23 1:23 p.m.

My roof is unfortunately in my neighbor's yard

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/15/23 1:32 p.m.

I THINK most of the parts are still usable, but not sure about the hard top. 

The tree hit the top of the windshield hard, and pushed the top back onto the trunk. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
1/15/23 1:39 p.m.

Effff..... that sucks. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/15/23 1:49 p.m.

I'll see how it fits on the new chassis, then make a decision if I am going to repair it or replace it.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/15/23 2:06 p.m.

Dang. Sorry to hear this Paul. Did your house have sleepers for the metal roof laid over an older roof?

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/15/23 2:21 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Yes, but there are a dozen 2' diameter holes chopped in the subroof for HVAC ducting, so it's not keeping out water. I've lost all the ceilings and floor covering. 

BoulderG
BoulderG GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/15/23 2:30 p.m.

So sorry to hear and see this. Ugh.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
1/15/23 4:43 p.m.

Since you are going to be painting the top anyways. Those cracks are repairable. I have already repaired damage larger than that on one of my hardtops. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/15/23 4:59 p.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

Yes, the visible part is repairable. But until I try to fit it, there is no way to tell if it will work or not. 

The damage in the middle was caused by a hit to the front forcing it against the back. Basically, it's now a squashed "L", and may not be as simple as fixing what is visible from the outside. 

Notice how the glass doesn't fit. That might be because the A pillar is pushed back, or it might be because the roof is out of shape. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/23 5:30 p.m.

Sorry to hear about the house and the car! ☹️

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/15/23 7:07 p.m.

Ok, enough about the house.  Thankfully, I have insurance, and I'm gonna leave it to them.

Im doing a big work weekend next weekend on the car. Anyone wanna help spin some wrenches?

Work weekend Jan 21-22 Macon, GA

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/15/23 7:12 p.m.

Oh Boy.  So sorry to hear of the setback.  My heart is with you!!! 

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
obWXUN1cG307pUlR5J7XwYapt8MfVsfatcvOFNlYybI7J4urakdhZe4aLCUpoZWQ