1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 76
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/20 11:42 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I mean is it really a collector car if you're the only one collecting them?

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
8/25/20 1:02 p.m.

Is this a real ACR?  Race history? Have you tried using the word homologation? 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/25/20 1:10 p.m.

Real acr, no race history.  They only go by the vin according to them. They are willing to appeal,  but requires a lot of stuff from me as burden of proof.

Hagerty doesn't seem to have an issue. 

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/25/20 4:43 p.m.

GRM. Where one guy is mad he can't get collector car insurance on a Neon and another guy is cutting up a Corvette.

8/26/20 10:52 a.m.
solfly said:

GRM. Where one guy is mad he can't get collector car insurance on a Neon and another guy is cutting up a Corvette.

Ain't that the truth! Hagerty said they would do it though. So, waiting for the application packet from them. 

Also, the car has had highly intermittent power steering assist. Professor brap is convinced that the pressure relief valve was struck bypassing all pressure. 

So i have now disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled my first power steering pump. Hopefully it works now. 

Theres a LOT more parts in there than i expected....

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/26/20 11:11 a.m.

Curious to see your hagerty quote. Mine was astronomical.

Stu Lasswell
Stu Lasswell Reader
8/26/20 5:17 p.m.

Funny, I had the opposite response between those two insurers. I had Hagerty for my Triumph TR3 and MGB-GT, but they wouldn't insure my Jaguar XJ6.  It was an '87 (last year of the Series III 4.2 liter) as they cut off classics at '86.  Grundy said "no problem" if it was part of my collection.  Later, talking to a Hagerty representative at an event, they said that they too would accept the Jag, but their on line system just didn't accept it.  Too late, I said. Sometimes you just need to present your case to a real person, I guess!

Crackers
Crackers SuperDork
8/27/20 12:33 p.m.

I will never understand how parts that worked perfectly fine on disassembly suddenly decide to fail when the car is 90-95% through final assembly. 

It's impressive how quickly this is going back together. 

8/27/20 12:41 p.m.
Crackers said:

I will never understand how parts that worked perfectly fine on disassembly suddenly decide to fail when the car is 90-95% through final assembly. 

It's impressive how quickly this is going back together. 

Ain't that the truth!! It happens far too often to be coincidental failure. Don't know what the reason is,  but it happens. 

I'm putting the plates on it tomorrow. Hopefully take it to family lunch on sunday, put it on the lift and nut and bolt check. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
8/27/20 8:15 p.m.

BE CAREFUL YOU HONYOK!!!!!!.....late ...........eyes on the road .....hands on the wheel...yadda yadda

You know you're wrapping up the project when you mop the floor.

To do: before challenge 

Repaint bumper and fender

Install wipers 

Alignment 

Install rearview mirror 

Change lug nuts 

Install nitrous 

Drive

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/2/20 7:50 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Install wipers 

Alignment 

Install rearview mirror 

Change lug nuts 

Install nitrous 

Drive

Add drive a few more times to that list. Good job getting ready with time to spare.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/2/20 11:06 p.m.

What tires are you running this year?  Sorry if I missed it

In reply to Justjim75 :

Assuming we go, federal rs-rr in 205/50/15 that i will steal from the miata. 

Rearview installed! 

Lug nuts should be here today, and i have the lift ready for Saturday to do the alignment. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/3/20 8:44 a.m.

Wait, I thought we were done with paint after the roof thing? What happened here?

NOHOME said:

Wait, I thought we were done with paint after the roof thing? What happened here?

i screwed up with the buffer 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/3/20 12:25 p.m.

I did that too but with metallic so repainting was out.  The fender flares and stripes "fixed it"

9/8/20 12:04 p.m.

Well, we're up to 150 miles on the car. 

Munchkin and i took it.for.a.run for lunch,  and we tried it through the roundabouts. 

Well, we shredded both accessory belts. But damn this thing moves! She was giggling the whole time, and u wasn't breaking any laws. The joy of slow car fast.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/8/20 12:45 p.m.

What brand belts, make sure pullies are aligned. Common issue is crank pulley is not far enough or to far on. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/14/20 9:46 a.m.

YAY!   Bummer.

9/14/20 4:25 p.m.

I started installing the maxpeedingrods srt4 coilovers today. Running the numbers,  6kg rear springs and 8kg front are almost triple what I have on the koni yellows. 

Im fighting the rear first. As thats the big structural difference between the second gen and first. Rear mounts are completely  different. So i transferred the mount pattern to the coilover plates, as i couldn't make the stock strut mounts fit the coilovers. In theory the fronts bolt in like factory. 

Trying to get the same ride height front and rear for a more apples to apples comparison between the koni and maxpeedingrods. Also trying to get the same alignment specs.

I thought those were just a bolt in.  Didn't realize it was going to take surgery to fit them.

9/14/20 5:04 p.m.

Really,  except for the upper rear mounts and some fiddling,  they theoretically are.....

9/16/20 7:21 a.m.

stance is nailed!

Full writeup and review after a few more miles, as the maxpeedingrods coilovers apparently have a break in period. 

1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 76

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Oh3WO2fS6QcCZTR3Nzt5ZgK2FV9pO9wea5ep659PfKCQZGef7tfLJQIVI6D7M1OV