Recon1342 Dork
11/3/20 1:51 p.m.

In reply to corsepervita :

Sex bolts? (AKA Chicago screws)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_bolt

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
11/8/20 8:23 p.m.

So was there ever a result for the dyno numbers?

Parnell
Parnell None
11/9/20 1:22 p.m.

Awesome project. I signed up just to congratulate you. Long time lurker. Locked down recovering from the 'rona, this thread has kept me sane for the last two days. Best therapy ever!

When you got to the astrophotography and talk of the Great Eclipse, my fear was that if you became frustrated enough soon we would see pics of a broken white Jalpa racing across space to catch up with Elon's roadster;)

So, is your first extended road trip going to be to Arizona to give your machinist buddy a ride?

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
11/10/20 5:17 p.m.
HoserRacing said:

So was there ever a result for the dyno numbers?

There are some things that led to us getting the engine on the dyno but not actually getting a proper dyno run.  The timing really sucked because my machinist managed to get the engine on the dyno itself, but he's a carb guy not an EFI guy.  We found out later that the fuel pressure was incorrect and some of the stuff he had wired up was wrong but he thought was correct.  It is what it is and while I was really hoping to get some numbers on the engine, I didn't.  However, I do plan on throwing the car on a rolling dyno at some point after the 'rona makes it to where I feel safer going to go do stuff like that.  I have health issues that put me at pretty bad risk, so needless to say, I've been a recluse this year.  Top that with losing my job a while back (I got one now) but I basically spiraled into oblivion in early 2020.

Parnell said:

Awesome project. I signed up just to congratulate you. Long time lurker. Locked down recovering from the 'rona, this thread has kept me sane for the last two days. Best therapy ever!

When you got to the astrophotography and talk of the Great Eclipse, my fear was that if you became frustrated enough soon we would see pics of a broken white Jalpa racing across space to catch up with Elon's roadster;)

So, is your first extended road trip going to be to Arizona to give your machinist buddy a ride?

In terms of visiting my Machinist, I have switched machinists due to some stuff that happened that has deeply frustrated me with him.  I do, however, plan on a road trip down to Monterey sometime because italiano concorso is there, and most of the oldschool lambo guys go to it, and I would love nothing more than to go there to meet Valentino Balboni.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
11/10/20 6:27 p.m.

Yep, I knew you had issues with the engine dyno, just didn't know if you had ever done a regular dyno.  I completely understand the health & safety, my wife has some issues and I had to try to keep her safe early on.  She didn't comprehend until she got overwhelmed with cabin fever and decided she was going to Walmart for something, and saw families there with no masks on, etc.  I really want to thank you for your openness with your depression.  My wife has been battling it since losing a job she had for 20+ years, and it's rough.

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
11/10/20 6:53 p.m.
HoserRacing said:

Yep, I knew you had issues with the engine dyno, just didn't know if you had ever done a regular dyno.  I completely understand the health & safety, my wife has some issues and I had to try to keep her safe early on.  She didn't comprehend until she got overwhelmed with cabin fever and decided she was going to Walmart for something, and saw families there with no masks on, etc.  I really want to thank you for your openness with your depression.  My wife has been battling it since losing a job she had for 20+ years, and it's rough.

I made the decision a few years back to not let the stigma get to me and allow myself to just be open about it, even if it was difficult at first.  I refuse to identify myself as a "lesser" or "inferior" person because I battle clinical depression.  I think often times people are made to feel this way if they bring it up.  It becomes something people often want to push out of the conversation and quickly dismiss.  "Go outside! just get some fresh air! we all get sad!" but when it's because of a chemical imbalance in your body or brain, that'll just lead to you feel depressed outside :P

Instead I try to be open about it because I think people who deal with it need to know they are not alone.  It is never bad to reach out, ask for help, talk to someone, and acknowledge that things are tough.  Only when we identify and acknowledge our struggles can we begin finding ways to battle them. 

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, and I hope she's able to find another job to replace the one she lost soon.  That's a really hard thing to go through.  I can imagine it would be difficult for a job that one has held for that long, she must have very much enjoyed it.  If you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to reach out (and that goes for anyone on here as well).

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/16/20 7:47 p.m.

Well guys, the bench test of repairs on the motor seem to be working.  It seems that the mechanism for alignment in the motor itself broke sometime between testing it on the driver side and passenger side.  I bench tested it in my office on rails and I think it's good.

So this weekend I'll end up putting it back together.

I also may or may not have bought a Viper.  Because reasons.

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/16/20 10:59 p.m.

Transport has picked it up, it'll be in my driveway by midnight :)

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/17/20 2:49 a.m.

HNGGGGGGGGGGGG it's here

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
12/17/20 5:36 a.m.

Nice!  Merry Christmas to you!

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/17/20 10:54 a.m.

ugh.  I want one so bad.  Such a childhood lust car for me.  I still remember my first car show I ever went to was put on by a combo Viper and NSX owners group.  I'll never forget that day. 

Congrats man, that's amazing. 

1 ... 66 67 68
Our Preferred Partners
JXAaJrvCCLBVqObNiFBUTrisb1uRqLOoIsI0OAxSUN1OqWMM2LPzW9uVgaPoKc1N