1 ... 7 8 9
bumpsteer
bumpsteer New Reader
11/20/22 10:53 a.m.

The top-down of the monochrome MG looks like a chibi-Lotus 7. I like it.

Makes me wonder what the Wreck Racing Midget would have looked like with flares. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/14/23 1:33 a.m.

LOL almost exactly another year has passed and the MG has..  Been driven a bit.

The MG got pressed into Challenge duty and I towed it down to Florida and participated in the Overbudget class.   The car was the 2nd fasted GTU autox car, which I was fine with given the winner was a GT4 and the tires were 6YO A7's.  I also did the post challenge FIRM trackday which was fun as I was able to let several people try their hand at the MG.  GRM made a nice video about the car which was great.

I've put some more thought into "what's next" and am deffinately going to go down the path of "Street" focus for the car.  I'm not sure when I will get to it, but I hope to start work on it this year sometime.  This year being the next 12 months not before the end of 2023.  

I saw a IG image of a MG fitted with an Ashley GT hardtop and though I like that but not entirely the way they did it.  

I also really like the look of a early 911, but can't afford one anymore.  I wondered.. perhaps would a early 911 roof design language fix most of what I don't agree with on the Ashley GT?

Obviously this is quite Crude.  I didn't attempt to integrate the roof..  at all.. just scaled and stretched it to make it fit.  But, the Arched window opening, the C shape window ending level with the door really correct some of the "aftermarket top" look of the Ashley.  Also the smaller rear window opening that intersects with the extension of the bottom side window curvature really makes the hump look better.  

Is it perfect.. no, but I think the general Idea of this roof shape would be really neat.  There are definitely some changes I would make to the front fender openings to speak a little better visually with the roof, and I won't simply copy a 911 roof but I will lean heavily on the style.  So I think that is likely the way I will go.  New seats, new Roll bar then build a had top.  Whenever I get around to it I will document it here.  

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
11/14/23 8:04 a.m.

That looks good!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/14/23 8:50 a.m.

I vote yes.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/14/23 10:23 a.m.

That makes me feel funny. Kind of like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/14/23 2:39 p.m.

don't mine me, and my annimated zhaifs...

that's probably a transformation too far.

maybe more like something Dusterdb13 said

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/14/23 6:12 p.m.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
11/14/23 7:39 p.m.

F-yes. It will be loud as hell inside but it will look great. I was about to say- damn- the windshield is pretty vertical for that eh? Forgetting the 911 windshield is pretty tall as well. It's a good look. 

(Walks to the garage and speculates on his own ability to build similar)

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wqoMm9owUwkVqE85wCcaNLG8pYrWeU3mFm2rWUq1C35hlPd3ISyYIsDd6rPIqfzU