1 2
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/16 8:21 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: In reply to pinchvalve: Sadly that's not true. To be at the pointy end nationally, you're going to need the shocks that are worth twice what the car is. you want to be at the pointy end you either need raw talent and wuite a bit of money or decent talent and lots of money.

Yeah, at the National level everything goes out the window. Development and money can make almost anything a winner. But for a noob locally, some cars are better than others to be competitive.

take13care
take13care New Reader
11/29/16 7:01 a.m.
thestig99 wrote: All of these options sound fun. From what I have seen, MINI's are BMW's and need to be treated or they can bite you hard... not unlike any other complex european car. VT/NH CL posts, where are you located? I have a rough 1.8 swapped 1990 Miata that I would unload CHEAP right now in central VT.

I'm in mass - both of those options were running driving vehicles for 1k... send me a pm with the details I'd definitely consider another option.

take13care
take13care New Reader
11/29/16 7:03 a.m.

In reply to ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual):

Right and that's what worries me, the svt I don't think has any rust... the Miata is minimal but I've yet to lay eyes on it, it kind of looks like it got a new paint job too so some of it may be hidden...

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
11/29/16 8:09 a.m.
take13care wrote: 03 focus SVT hatch ...has cracked windshield...

Depending where/how you want to race and where/how big the crack is a cracked windshield can be considered a safety issue. So that's something to think about.

$1k seems like a good deal for either of those cars if they're in good shape but like others have said be wary of rust.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M5ITJB5XizF5vMVNrB3axv9LsQEnUEj7f3wccun6w6Jh3qBrfWCJQxTzUDMduz8y