1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/28/21 11:24 a.m.

Stuck injectors on a new Fitech build are mostly blamed on new fuel supply lines having some contaminants and not enough filtration. Get used to everything being your fault.

Lots of vids on how to change injectors. They are the one item that is proprietary to the Fitech, although people have converted to a more easily obtained oem brand. Sorry the details escape me at the moment.

How deep into the Fitech technology  and its quirks are you at this point?

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
9/28/21 12:53 p.m.

I have a 40 micron filter in place before the injectors. I ran the pump with the filter for like 15 minuets to make sure i caught everything. I have a new injector and a back up getting delivered Thursday through Jegs. Looks like my unit is old enough that it was shipped with the old injector style without the metal mesh filter insert. These new injectors are the new style. Im just glad its not a ecu or some programming problem. 

Overall im not that deep into understanding this unit. So far happy as long as a new injector solves the problem. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/28/21 6:58 p.m.

Check that filter micron rating Brent.  I thought they wanted around 10 micron but I may be mistaken.  

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/28/21 7:59 p.m.

Are you familiar with how to download  and interpret data logs?  

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
9/28/21 9:17 p.m.

In reply to wawazat : they recommend a 10 which is insane small. 40 micron picks up anything visible to the naked eye. If anything comes up again I will splice in something before the fitech after the 40.

I have never done any data logging at all. Once we get some miles on the car and the exhaust on I will be diving into that part of the build.

Ghostrider67
Ghostrider67 New Reader
9/30/21 4:00 p.m.

very cool car. Love the mid sixties Fords...

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
10/1/21 7:36 p.m.

Clayed and waxed the whole car. Fuel injector replacement is in. Running with no issues. Gonna get some miles on next week to see what other bugs there are.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/21 7:56 p.m.

Yes!!!

Ghostrider67
Ghostrider67 New Reader
10/2/21 7:36 a.m.

Agree, very nice.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/2/21 10:33 a.m.

In the recent videos, the motor sounds freaking awesome. I love it. In earlier videos, it wasn't this rowdy.

Is it now a different cam? A change in mufflers or exhaust? Is it just the FiTech doing this?

I skimmed through but didn't see what cam you put in.  What are the numbers?

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
10/2/21 10:34 p.m.

The fitech is learning and everything is smoothing out nice. No exhaust yet. Sometime next week if first long ish drive goes well. 

cam is a Edelbrock. Running terrible vacuum, may need a custom grind to make it more streetable

10/2/21 10:45 p.m.

Try running full manifold vacuum advance (not ported). This can improve idle vacuum, and may also reduce overheating in traffic.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
10/3/21 8:53 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) : that is a bold strategy. I will figure that out

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
10/3/21 9:53 a.m.

I'm a dumbass. I have the booster hose attached to the pcv port....

10/3/21 11:30 a.m.

I don't think that will make a difference. PCV and Brakes should both be full manifold vacuum.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
10/4/21 12:37 p.m.

Ran the car around 5 miles at lunch. Pulling hard and everything seems happy minus coolant temp. Looks like there is still air the system. Will get some more coolant and burp it again. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
10/4/21 1:52 p.m.

Good to hear!  How do you like the TKX?

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
10/4/21 7:23 p.m.

Trans is great. Haven't gotten out of third yet. Car is going to be really fun once sorted out. Working on punch list that I will start attacking

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
10/17/21 8:09 p.m.

Bleeding more air out of the system.  Got the overflow mounted and working.
Need to get the car over to the exhaust shop soon. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
11/17/21 6:43 p.m.

got a early Christmas delivery for the shop. 10k rotary. No more suspension on the ground!

11/17/21 7:16 p.m.

Sweet! There is no going back to no hoist.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/17/21 11:20 p.m.

Saw the text.  Nice lift!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
11/20/21 10:04 a.m.

need to do the final wiring but it's doing lift things now. Excited to move into the 21st century

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
12/17/21 8:55 p.m.

Had some time today and put the Galaxie on the lift for another list making session. 

Biggest thing we have found is the heads are leaking coolant. Turns out the lower exhaust bolts needed to have sealant on them because they go into the water jacket. Poo. I will get a updated list posted so we are ready for next spring to rip this thing.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/18/21 7:04 a.m.

You nailed the aesthetic!  The wheel/tire combo looks fabulous.

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uxGd3GzwZnPiY0uyUkJXWRd8fvqoDEdxzgAgvBFneIVPC18SjuqAtBIgMHPNe3za