AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/22 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

Lights 'em from a roll! Good stuff.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/22 10:13 a.m.

I hope you cooling problem is taken care of.  This is a product that I have heard of but never used myself.  And no, not a canoe.

Flow Kooler waterpumps

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/27/22 11:31 a.m.

I'm happy with the performance of my Flow Kooler water pump.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/27/22 6:37 p.m.

A lot of nice looking cars at the pig roast at the shop today-- thanks for the invite!

The lay of the ground made the drivers side up the Supra look super hard parked!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
8/27/22 10:45 p.m.

It was a good day!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
9/2/22 1:31 p.m.

I actually have a flow kooler pump sitting in the car now. I tried just running a restrictor to see if that would help. It has and hasnt. At idle now no matter the speed it drops down to about 203 but still slowly creeps up at highway speed. At 30mph for about 15 min of driving it got up to 217, so not ideal. Gonna take a step back and decide my next step. The kooler water pumper would be great but i dont know if it is going to mess with my serptine setup at all. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/2/22 1:41 p.m.

I just saw this post about running hot and the serpentine setup and I haven't taken the time to go back and learn anything at all about what you're doing and what the problem is so this may be completely relevant but, I've seen some Ford overheating issues in the past from using water pumps that turn the wrong way.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/3/22 8:46 p.m.

they are still out there, these two were just 80 yards from my shop and didn't even know they existed before today

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/22 10:08 p.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

I actually have a flow kooler pump sitting in the car now. I tried just running a restrictor to see if that would help. It has and hasnt. At idle now no matter the speed it drops down to about 203 but still slowly creeps up at highway speed. At 30mph for about 15 min of driving it got up to 217, so not ideal. Gonna take a step back and decide my next step. The kooler water pumper would be great but i dont know if it is going to mess with my serptine setup at all. 

If it gets worse while driving down the road, I'm thinking you have an airflow issue, not a water issue.

Is there a path for air to go around the radiator instead of through it?  If so, just tape some cardboard around those areas and then go drive it and see if it's better.  If it is, find a more better way to seal it.  If not, well, you didn't lose anything except a small bit of time.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
10/4/22 8:48 a.m.

Yeah! Those are some sweet mowers.

I like the GTO also.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
10/4/22 8:52 a.m.

When I added a dual fan setup to my Mustang it worked fine everywhere except at the track.  Problem was the shroud, it blocked too much of the radiator, I cut holes in it for some of those cheap rubber flaps.  The flaps suck shut with the fans on and blow open at speed allowing flow to the whole radiator.  This was after some boxing in of the sides, it was a bottom feeder with the top sealed fairly well.

https://www.championradiators.com/rubber_shroud_flaps

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/4/22 2:02 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

You notice a big difference after?

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
2/9/23 10:11 p.m.

pray for me

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/23 10:35 p.m.

That's a biiiiiiiig panel!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
2/9/23 10:56 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

A big and not straight at all panel

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
2/9/23 11:11 p.m.

Hey, nice Marlin!cheeky

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
2/10/23 9:26 a.m.

In reply to wawazat : customer car. Was here before I bought the shop. I want it done, so Picasso time

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
2/10/23 11:45 a.m.

You keep showing off all these old cars you guys do so well and we may have to talk about a strip and repaint on mine, my friend!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
2/10/23 8:55 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

We are still almost 100-1 Collison to custom. But it is always kinda fun to see them come back to life

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
2/27/23 8:52 p.m.

blew up our air compressor at the shop. Finally got the new one installed tonight. Ready for no more problems tomorrow

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
2/28/23 6:20 a.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

In reply to akylekoz :

You notice a big difference after?

Well...I never got to try the flaps, I sold the car with the stock shroud and engine driven fan back in it.  However with the stock shroud, that utilizes the entire radiator, there were not temp problems on the track.  To do this over again I would just buy a replacement fan with flaps from a newer mustang or GT500 if over 500 hp.

Ghostrider67
Ghostrider67 New Reader
3/5/23 11:52 a.m.

I remember those days on my 67 Coronet 500. Lots of sanding, and sanding, and sa.....lol. It's worth it in the end though!

Ghostrider67
Ghostrider67 New Reader
3/5/23 11:54 a.m.

This one looked like that, once upon a time....smiley

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
3/5/23 4:20 p.m.

It's coming in slowly but surely

Ghostrider67
Ghostrider67 New Reader
3/5/23 10:24 p.m.

Bodywork/metalwork is one of those things that must not be hurried along but done right and diligently.

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P76HAj5lvXDRo1WTpVLYokLbgNw7tyf3qUw5LFPyPaJgM76OuKrf9fc5vpsUHqp8