1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27
Nicklovin
Nicklovin New Reader
10/21/17 4:35 a.m.

What a cool car, I love old American muscle 

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
10/21/17 11:48 a.m.

Motor has color! Now I need to make big list of stuff I still need! Bottom end is ready to put together but would like to do everything in one shot if possible. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
10/23/17 10:48 a.m.

I really like the direction you're headed with the Galaxie.  I like the black engine color a lot.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
10/24/17 9:01 a.m.

What do you guys think of this? Iowa you can display same model year license plates as long as you have the normal ones in the car.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
10/24/17 6:36 p.m.

I found information on the DMV.org website that says year of manufacture license plates can be used in Iowa but I then I looked at the official Iowa state website and couldn't find anything about them - that doesn't mean it isn't there, but I just couldn't find it.  So, check with your local DMV office to be sure, I assume they are only available for cars licensed as antique, so that limits how much you can drive the car.

I know a lot of guys in Minnesota who run year of manufacturer plates.  They look good on a collector car, as long as you can find a set in good condition.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
10/25/17 7:17 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn : I followed up with the DMV about a month ago. Car is registered as an antique. In iowa registering it as a antique has no ramifications. So it was kinda a no brainer. There's a company out there that makes reproductions. I might be going that route. Six letters is kind of limiting though. Any suggestions are more than welcome from the group!

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
11/9/17 8:00 a.m.

pan showed up. 390’s are known for blowing up because they over oil up top and when you punch it the oil goes to the back of the pan. Adding a windage tray and restricting  oil flow up top should help! Rollers come in today and I’m pumped to see them! After that assembley  time!

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
11/9/17 8:08 p.m.

Rockers came in. Have most of the stuff to get the top end together. Hopefully be all together by the end of December.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/17 9:07 p.m.

Hot!

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
11/29/17 2:12 p.m.

Time to install the sail panels.

Cut holes in the panels for the privacy lights. 

While installing the lights I broke one of them. Kind of a awkward design. Light gets grounded when it’s fully installed. Ordered two new lights because the original broke and is looks terrible.

cars waiting on the glass guy then the exterior will finally be finished!

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
11/29/17 10:37 p.m.

We have light! Simple little project but definitely helps clean up the interior with fresh chrome. 

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
11/29/17 10:43 p.m.

I also failed at fixing something important tonight. I haven’t totally failed just haven’t succeeded yet. The gas tank whenever over half full leaks gas from the filler neck area. 

There was literally no gasket left.

I was able to get the gasket in but not insert the filler neck. Super tight and no matter the angle couldn’t get it. The tank was half full of gas so i didn’t want to drop it. I will have to fix when I have to drop the tank for fuel injection. I really wanted to get this fixed tonight but sometimes you just have a Cleveland Browns performance out there. Tomorrow’s another day

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
12/2/17 10:49 p.m.

There's a "Reader's Ride" photo in the latest issue of Hot Rod magazine of a car that looks just like yours, it belongs to someone from Illinois I believe.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
12/5/17 9:23 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn : I will have to check it out! I’m just over the boarder in Iowa so I’m not that far away!

Progress has been snail like, which is not fun. We have been trying to get the car air tight so we can store it for the Iowa winter approaching. Spent this week trying to figure window reveal clips. What a nightmare. Think we finally nailed down the right ones. First ones we ordered from Dearborn where .060 off. Clips wouldn’t  engage. Need to get this thing done exterior wise so I can yank the motor finally.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
12/17/17 8:15 p.m.

Finally got the clips figured out. Got the last of the paint sorted out.

obviously ride height is still stupid high. The new big block should help solve that. Cars heading to storage tomorrow, calling for snow this week.

now that the outside is done it’s time to build this motor!

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
12/17/17 8:28 p.m.

Norma is lookin' HOT!!! Yur not down with the stance??? Can't really see her being too much lower but ...... 

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
12/17/17 8:36 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

The back is perfect. The back is on air shocks so it’s infinitely adjustable. The front should drop about 1 1/2 inches with the big motor. I think once the big blocks in it will be perfect!

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
12/19/17 7:58 a.m.

Drove Norma the 52 miles to storage yesterday. She ran pretty good minus a hose for the exchanger popping off. 

Coolest part of this year is the pillerless window. Looks super sleek down 

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
1/29/18 8:39 p.m.

It was kinda nice on Friday. Got the girl pulled out and warmed up. Seem to have all the leaks fixed and it’s idling nice.  I will get the exhaust note uploaded soon. 

Just scored new valve covers cheap. 600 dollar Shelby ones brand new in the box for 140.

All new Hotchkiss suspension should arrive this week.

Need to get dates set to thrash this thing.

Motor trans swap and all new suspension. Ready to get this thing mechanically right.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
1/30/18 12:45 p.m.

Looking fantastic.  The color and paintwork are just amazing.  Really sounds like you put a lot of thought into the build.

Norma66
Norma66 Reader
1/31/18 9:41 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozut69PLai4

wait until there is 156 more cubes of pissed of big block in there.

Norma66
Norma66 Reader
1/31/18 9:41 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Thank you!

The above youtube clip is fixed now.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
1/31/18 10:50 a.m.

She's looking good!  I look forward to the suspension install.

Norma66
Norma66 Reader
2/22/18 6:02 p.m.

Parts are really starting to stack up. Still waiting on springs and then i have all the suspension parts. I really need to get the the short block built. I have been working crazy hours so haven't had two days in a row to get it going. Hopefully soon we will start thrashing on it.

Norma66
Norma66 Reader
4/21/18 9:05 p.m.

Norma is getting a new lower radiator hose Monday and waking up for the summer.

Have a ridiculous amount of work to do coming up. New motor, trans and all new suspension. 

Also toying around 3D printing custom badges. 

The new motor is a base 390 fe bores .30 over and stroked out to 445. Thinking about taking the stock badges and switching the numbers to 445. 

Anyone try 3D printing badges?

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QfsWfs8pxVfTxlveNt6laEVSpK0dosIEGlRbdXAp27f5HHimZuFyboMIH2pNOn8S