1 2
Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/5/13 12:29 a.m.

Just remember to do the ECU relearn after the intake swap. . . :)

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
3/10/13 1:53 a.m.

Went ahead and chopped that giant muffler off, definitely changed the sound of the car! Thing sounds WAY faster than it is...lol I still need to run pipes to the bumper. But hoping to have time to do that tomorrow!

Probably gonna wait a minute on the intake swap, I start a new job Monday and will be making extremely good money and a good portion of that first check will be spent on making this the perfect DD/temporary civilized track toy until the 350is is done. :)

Any suggestions on how to spend a few grand on this thing? It is up to date on maintenance and has nearly all new bushings/etc. I am planning on getting some good pads, ss lines and slotted rotors, basic compromise suspension and the intake swap.

Also I picked up some wheels, 18" Beyern Mesh. Still need tires but here is a pic of an e34 on the same wheels. Got a great deal on them!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/10/13 3:02 p.m.

Sounds like you have just about everything in order. Brakes, suspension stuffs, wheels, maintenance . . . That's as far as I got on mine and have been pretty happy with it. You can hop on bimmerforums for some more ideas.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
3/10/13 5:06 p.m.

In reply to Strike_Zero:

Maybe I shouldnt even look on bimmerforums because I can see myself spending way more money on this thing than I should. Last time I was on there I decided I wanted that split rear seat with the center console and the euro m5 shifter surround, lol

After you ran pipes to the bumper did it quiet it down or kill a little of the raspy sound? I love the sound, but I want to tone it down just a little. Been considering putting turn downs on the pipes, or adding some kind of small muffler before it hits the bumper. It is forcing me to drive a little more conservatively though, cause at WOT that thing is LOUD!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/10/13 5:46 p.m.

It took a lot of the edge off. It still crackles and pops like hyper active car, but took a good deal of the ear splitting bite of the sound away. The wife drove it everyday after it ran the pipes to the bumper without complaints.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
3/10/13 5:54 p.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: It took a lot of the edge off. It still crackles and pops like hyper active car, but took a good deal of the ear splitting bite of the sound away. The wife drove it everyday after it ran the pipes to the bumper without complaints.

Perfect! Got a picture of the tips you used? I want it to look as OEM as possible on mine...

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/10/13 7:26 p.m.

Unfortunately no. The car is 2 hours away. I used some cheapy, non-gaudy tips on it.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
3/11/13 2:36 a.m.

I saw a listing for e34 parts on craigslist that included projector fogs(mine were MIA) so I e-mailed the guy and long story short he ended up filling up his car with all the e34 parts he had and gave them to me! Hell yeah!

It included 2 extra sets of tails, which is convenient because I have been undecided on if I want all red tails or tails with a smoked signal portion or to buy tails with clear indicators. So I got to experiment here.

First I tried smoked on a pair and a pair of front signals that he also gave me, even though I ordered clear front signals yesterday. After I install these I am going to spray the ones on the car now all red and then see which I prefer. Normally I don't like smoked lenses at all, but on a dark colored e34 the tails seem to work well.

He also gave me a license plate frame that is the same as the one that came on my car, except I had painted that one back. So this one got the same treatment.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/11/13 9:32 a.m.

This makes me want to take a trip to the country to get the 530i . . . .

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
3/12/13 9:49 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: This makes me want to take a trip to the country to get the 530i . . . .

Do it! haha All the better if it is out in the country, sounds like a fun drive back. :) Took mine out on some local mountain roads last week and had a blast, better believe I took full advantage of the rare sunny winter day! It really showed me how desperately I need to get tires and get 18s mounted though, lol snow tires suck for spirited back road driving!

What suspension are you running?

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
3/12/13 4:19 p.m.

Pics of smoked signals all the way around, I like it way more than I thought I would. In person it looks way better as you can see lens reflection through the tint a little bit whereas in the pics they just look black. I am not even going to install the front signals that are coming today!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/12/13 5:46 p.m.

All stock suspension on mine. It was fun to run down and beat up smaller cars in my "bigger", stock suspensioned, all season tired 530i.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oPWZ4KhVY85aybp7TgMqVIpnbbLHrP6rgSQE4lDdR5km5rDHsybwXoO3goP3He0A