1 2
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/21 8:26 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

She was a good car but bad roads and potholes were killing me on tires and wheels.  If I had unlimited garage space and funds, I'd keep one permanently.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/21 8:28 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, that's why we have a fleet of cars! This one is our highway missile though, and does it so well.

I just realized that I never updated this with the wheels blush

6/13/21 8:44 p.m.

So, the wheels! They are silver with mirror cut face TSW Mechanica rotary forged sized 19x9.5 +39. This was the last set available!

The tires are the new Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus sized 255/35ZR19. We got everything was a package from Fitment Industries on the tip from a GRMer.

They fit perfectly with no spacers, rolling, rubbing, or anything. The ride is like stock, since they are stock size tires and the wheels are around the stock weight if not less. The grip is amazing! The DSW is perfectly super for the wet and chill Pacific Northwest and is surprisingly grippy. 

The fitment looks really great! I think that we need a super mild lowering spring, like the H&R Sport (1" drop) for it to be perfect. We'll do that with new struts when the time comes.

8/25/21 7:46 p.m.

Addressing the clutch and shifting in preparation for more power.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
8/26/21 11:30 a.m.

Sexy car! Have you bothered to track MPG? 

8/26/21 11:40 a.m.

In reply to 2002maniac :

Thanks! We're averaging 22 mpg in it right now.

10/11/21 11:12 a.m.

We are taking the S4 to a 2-day HPDE event next month at PIR, so it was time for a brake upgrade! Luckily there's a bolt-on fixed-caliper 4-piston solution. Check it out:

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/11/21 1:28 p.m.

Those are a bolt on for my Golf R as well, but apparently there are some issues with increased pedal travel with them.  That the same for the S4 too?

10/11/21 3:07 p.m.
docwyte said:

Those are a bolt on for my Golf R as well, but apparently there are some issues with increased pedal travel with them.  That the same for the S4 too?

No pedal travel issue on the S4, but I have heard of it on the R. You need an RS3 master cylinder to make it all work on the R IIRC.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/11/21 8:43 p.m.

Look forward to seeing those installed.  I'm doing C6 brakes on the 4th gen.  Not nearly as cool but they should stop it better.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/12/21 8:40 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

RS3 calipers are much larger than the Macan ones.  Apparently there's some coding you can do with the stock master cylinder that helps but doesn't totally solve the issue.  I'm not sure I'd want to be swapping in master cylinders, at that point I'd rather do a Stoptech kit...

11/21/21 7:56 p.m.

Happy Birthday Audi! We finally managed to keep one longer than a year!

11/21/21 7:57 p.m.

Oh, and that 2-day HPDE event? It went well!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/22 4:29 p.m.

Did a few things on the S4 lately:

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/22 7:04 p.m.

Well the S4 has not been doing so hot. We had a random clutch issue get worse and worse so it's in the shop (hopefully under warranty) to get fixed and concurrently the insurance on it is about to double. Seriously, our insurer wants more to insure it as a spare car with less than 3K/year usage than the full coverage on the 2020 Q5e and 2006 Cayenne S combined. So we called Hagerty (who I've had a policy with for 15 years) and they won't insure it because it's too new. So we called Grundy and they won't insure 4-doors. Any ideas on how to insure this thing for a reasonable price?

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/15/22 7:54 p.m.
Javelin said:

Well the S4 has not been doing so hot. We had a random clutch issue get worse and worse so it's in the shop (hopefully under warranty) to get fixed and concurrently the insurance on it is about to double. Seriously, our insurer wants more to insure it as a spare car with less than 3K/year usage than the full coverage on the 2020 Q5e and 2006 Cayenne S combined. So we called Hagerty (who I've had a policy with for 15 years) and they won't insure it because it's too new. So we called Grundy and they won't insure 4-doors. Any ideas on how to insure this thing for a reasonable price?

Hagerty has so many reasons not to insure cars that I'm amazed they actually insure anything.

Lockton?

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/15/22 8:49 p.m.

Yes call Adam and his team at the Corvette museum.  NCMA insurance.  They insure my junk including 4 doors.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mpyGvBD4xZXqFozT2bdnz6Qanw0NfPkPdsGzMvcUvA0RCXDJg8RSDOJZJYbHXHT9