1 2 3
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/5/20 6:30 p.m.

I think the K-100 engines are referred to as horizontal fours.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/5/20 7:30 p.m.

Curious to see how this resolves; the heater is damn near on top of the front axle. Was this a FWD from the factory?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/20 6:17 a.m.
NOHOME said:

Curious to see how this resolves; the heater is damn near on top of the front axle. Was this a FWD from the factory?

The Kadett? It is RWD. The stock engine is very small and fills the engine bay. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/6/20 6:36 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

It's like trying to fit a different engine into an 1800 - it looks like there's tons of room until you start actually trying to fit stuff.  Then you end up cutting away until it fits. 

I'd love an old Kadett wagon.  While I'm interested to see how this works out, part of me is sad to see one get cut up.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/20 6:59 a.m.
Ian F said:

While I'm interested to see how this works out, part of me is sad to see one get cut up.

This one is pretty far gone already to be a nice example. Especially when you can buy a perfect one for ~$4000. I have another stock one in the backyard that is going to stay stock and unmolested. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/20 7:39 a.m.

I didn't realize that the Kadett had that much kickup! That is awesome, making brackets is easier than surgery.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8IFkZtpDeMjLkv6lA6Ti65jlWuqCf8foYRIUNrkRyen50XYoqvOxiW21XkM5Wa1Y