1 2
AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/22/21 3:03 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

You forgot about Queso!? How could you...

There's a lot to keep up with in the AxeHealey World of Automobiles. Sometimes even I can't keep it all straight. 

AxeHealey
3/22/21 3:03 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Yes, I believe you're right. Thanks!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/22/21 9:31 p.m.

Full circle clamp with a pinch bolt was the standard fitment fo all A series engines. There is a tapped hole in the drive gear retainer (1/4-28) that anchors the circle clamp. Moss part # 153-400 or 153-401. It is illustrated with the distributor.

AxeHealey
4/19/21 3:07 p.m.

Operation Queso is again in full swing. Less than a month to go. Good news and not-so-good news. 

Good news: A bunch of parts to fix the problems I've discovered arrived at my sister's house a week or so ago and, it's finally out of storage!

Bad news: Even though there's still about 3 weeks to go, I'm quickly running out of free time and really won't be able to afford to hit any major snags. Literally every day or so my wife informs me of new plans/obligations I/we have between now and her birthday. The option of giving this car to her in a non-running state is not an option so I bit the bullet and it's now sitting at a friend's shop. If the estimate to get it running is crazy, I'll still just cram and find a way but it'll make my next 3 weeks much more enjoyable to have them do the heavy lifting. Not so grassroots I guess, and I won't get the satisfaction of making a non-running car run, but it's the right move in this case. The owner of the shop is a GRMer so there's that.

Other good news: This should give me time to also remove the menu (don't shoot me) and get it looking exactly how she wants it. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/20/21 6:59 a.m.

Nice job getting the name and number of Heidi's in the shot laugh they're like the official greater cleveland GRM towing service at this point.  

it's not swedish so hopefully matt can come up with some solutions 

AxeHealey
4/20/21 8:03 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Hah! Yes they are. It's probably a bad thing that I'm becoming known by them...

AxeHealey
4/24/21 1:08 p.m.

After about 3 hours of work, Queso is naked.

I was able to remove some of the menu completely in tact so I'll be doing something with them to commemorate the history of the car. The adhesive left behind is a real pain in the butt. I hoped to try pressure washing after soaking with adhesive remover this morning but ran out of time. Extremely strong adhesive remover alone isn't going to do it. May try mineral spirits.

A simple kit of vinyl wrap tools and what I hope is all the vinyl I need is set to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to find time this week to knock out the adhesive removal and begin wrapping. Annoyingly, all of the decals seem to have been clear-coated along with the rest of the paint so it's likely I'll have to knock down all the edges before wrapping.

I'm trying to not focus on the fact that her bday is only 2.5 weeks away.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
sjLVQYaotlDchB0RnURlv4uHduhi3F0X8pDeZKDlQ1KBi9C6kIJMaZHoeFwpWSAM