1 2 3
java230
java230 UberDork
2/1/21 9:52 a.m.

First 10k done!

Truck is working great. The bed setup works pretty well, the stove blocks pulling the fridge all the way out, but its OK so far. I will probably make a U shaped stove stand. Flip it upside down and the stove can nest in it for storage, flip it over on the end of the drawer and it makes a platform for the stove on the drawer. 

preach (fs)
preach (fs) HalfDork
2/2/21 3:46 p.m.

Great build! I might have to do one on my Taco even though it is not nearly as cool as this.

java230
java230 UberDork
2/2/21 4:14 p.m.

In reply to preach (fs) :

Thanks! so far I am pretty happy. Still need to do solar, and tidy up the bed wiring, but it works....

Also, the canopy is going to come off and get glued onto the bed..... It moves around a bit on washboard.... And is starting to leak at the front edge.

java230
java230 UberDork
2/24/21 10:00 a.m.

Sliders are doing there job, time for a touch up.

Also got the front plate installed. In WA its still required. Four neodymium magnets, rubber coated with a stud. Easy.

OK its a bit of a "technicality" its hard to see, but its on there.

Got 16" of snow over the weekend, truck worked great. Rear end is definitely lighter than the 4runner, but it works just fine. Need to pull the cap off and seal it to the bed..... It leaks....

Swapped out the grill insert for a Pro knock off. Just to relocate the TSS sensor.

I had glued it into the bottom of the surround, but it didn't like that spot. With the 20 degree down bean it was catching the edge of the bumper. Luckily the epoxy did not stick that well to the chrome, so a good tug popped it loose.

New Grill

Center in, TSS sensor.

java230
java230 UberDork
4/15/21 9:56 p.m.

Took the truck down the Oregon coat to CA to see the redwoods. Great little trip. Beaches, Dunes, tress. Good times.

3 people, one dog, 5 days worth of gear. Not bad at all. Back seat has 2 backpacks and 2 duffels, plus some jackets etc.

One little whoops.... Slid the slider window open, it hit the latch for the windoor and instantly shattered the glass. The bumper for the slider is super loose in the track and obviously didn't work.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
7dSMb7ile08jDvlb8zic62H711EXfsihuUnLlGAkN5A2x2PpXaCeHxaIn6TLZDdh