NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
10/7/16 2:24 p.m.

Wonder what is going to happen here?

None of this is my fault, but I am a first hand eye witness to this. It WAS a fully functional car a month or so back. Can do occasional updates if anyone is interested.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/7/16 2:45 p.m.

So...what's the other half going to be? Color me interested regardless.

Doc Brown
Doc Brown Dork
10/7/16 7:25 p.m.

You had me at '69 Mustang.... MOAR!

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/7/16 7:26 p.m.

Well Yeah, that's interesting!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/16 7:28 p.m.

I am interested.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
10/7/16 7:36 p.m.

There's a car there, but not much of it. The Challenger in me is wondering what body I could put on the parts that were chopped off. Reverse Suprang?

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/7/16 7:54 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

No way, corvette for maximum jimmy rustling.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/7/16 7:59 p.m.

Dodge Intrepid. No one will see it coming.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
10/7/16 9:14 p.m.

Interesting, more please! Rear engine?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
10/7/16 9:55 p.m.

Old 'stang body grafted onto new 'stang pan isn't unheard of. It's been done more than once, but probably not more than a dozen times.

BTW, a project this ambitious deserves a much better beer! Busch has me thinking that poor 'stang body is going to get stuck on a Blazer frame.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
10/8/16 6:34 a.m.

Agreed on the beer.

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/9/16 7:09 p.m.

that kinda hurts to see. my boss just boought a 428 cj 69 same color and he is always a stickler about OEM parts, but he just started putting an ls3 in his 57 Nomad. so I see a 4valve there isn't it. as hulled as it is they didn't leave much floorpan.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
10/9/16 9:14 p.m.

This is relevant to my interests as I am working on my '69 Mercury Cougar convertible. However, my definition of working on is bolting parts on to my driver not leaving the out shell on the garage floor!

Crackers
Crackers New Reader
10/9/16 10:01 p.m.

Ungghhhh... That makes me itchy. How did they move it?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/9/16 10:18 p.m.

I see a full tube frame rolling under that skin.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
10/10/16 8:17 a.m.
Stampie wrote: I see a full tube frame rolling under that skin.

Get this here man a Ceegar!

Mustang II based stuff for the front and Lincoln IRS for the stern.

Don't feel too bad about an original car being cut up, while the car was bought thinking that it was a great deal, the reality is that in the past it had undergone the most hacked up restoration that I have ever seen. Never stopped saying "WTF that HAS to go" until it was cut this far back.

My expectations are that it will get built to the point where someone wants it more than the current owner,at which point it will get built to spec or sent to a new home.

There is also a Roush blower set-up somewhere in that mess that will perch atop the 4 valve.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l72PDVNdhVgjyZNMMkSPqfc0dLPocpDef98mAgVdb1ZxZMLjWAoIpxzzkPBrR2bg