Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
11/4/19 11:55 a.m.

You guys might remember Cherry Bomb, the 1993 Miata that was my first car. Well, after many failed attempts to convince my dad that despite the rebuilt title, that it's okay to build, I sold her. Dropped many bad memories that went with her, solved some of my depression and moved on. Well, time to introduce Persephone. She's a 1991 Miata, who again, is my daily, but also my race car. She's a clean title, who I picked up for Challenge budget, rocking ebay JDMSpeed coils (I know I know), a Borla exhaust, XXR 005 Wheels, full wood interior, no door panels, no carpet, and working heat and ac and stereo, It had powersteering which I've depowered already. Plans for this coming season include rollcage, boost (whether it be proper or I go the cheap and ghetto route), new wheels, proper coilovers, a wrap of some sort, new steering wheel, shift knob, and ebrake handle to fit my theme, a wing, adjustable front and rear control arms, and whatever else I can think of. Here she is, please enjoy.

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
11/4/19 11:57 a.m.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/4/19 1:55 p.m.

Nice pick up. What's the goal for adjustable control arms?

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
11/4/19 5:01 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

A bit more camber once I go lower, not stupid camber, but a bit more.

thatsnowinnebago
11/5/19 1:49 a.m.

In reply to Catlas_Se7en :

You can get a decent amount with just the stock adjustments, especially seeing that your car is already lowered. You could try that for $free.99 and see what you think. 

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
11/5/19 8:26 a.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

Is there any way to get my car even lower than it currently is without new coils?

thatsnowinnebago
11/6/19 4:05 p.m.

Not that I can think of. Flyin Miata has great springs if you're looking to upgrade. They won't get you much lowering though. Below is my old 91 on NB flyin miata springs. This was 2006 and I think they've revised them since. 

Be careful of your rear suspension travel when you go low. These cars don't have much to begin with, so you can be riding the bumpstops in a hurry. 

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
11/15/19 8:02 a.m.

So a friend sent me a message a few nights ago saying he came across some 1.6 miata parts. Well, my turbo build has just been jumpstarted with a free ebay turbo and manifold, as well as a clutch, injectors, and a few other parts to sell off. Time to start the super cheap budget turbo miata.

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
1/24/20 11:18 a.m.

First update in two or so months. Work and school has me tied up lately. Wednesday afternoon I went to pick up a friend to run an errand. Drove a short ways down the street and lost all clutch pressure. Pushed the car back to her house, put fluid in, bleed the clutch, got pressure, drove off. After completing her errand problem free, I drove her home. On my own way back home, I lost pressure again. Pushed the car back to her house, looked under it, tried to bleed it again, and noticed the slave cylinder had gone completely out. Defeated, I called 5 friends asking for a tow home, all told me no. So as a last resort, I messaged a kid from one of my classes who, by miracle, answered immediately asking for my location and said he was on his way. A simple tow strap, every backroad possible, and 45 minutes to go 5 miles later, I was home by sketchy tow job. I thanked my friend and went to bed. The next morning, I took to replacing the slave. I didn't have my jack with me, so I tackled the job without the use of a jack. Getting it back in was way harder than taking it out. That's all for this update.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/24/20 12:04 p.m.

Putting the slave back in does indeed suck.

Really interesting wheels. Do you know what they are?

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en Reader
1/24/20 4:58 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux :

XXR 005, 15x8 0 offset. They're for sale actually, if I do end up keeping the car. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8f5ucFUvWuWpSim3hafA7btsIZ47Y7ztiPoAFNnRc2mRSrhdp2cWDxpn5cJFtEh0