1 ... 3 4 5
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/10/20 3:45 p.m.

Congrats!

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/10/20 3:46 p.m.

Also, I have a replacement grille ordered due here Monday (the old one has a number of zip-ties closing off a hole I could jam my arm into to smaller ones that a tennis ball (or bird) shouldn't fit through.

The nose will come off once more for headlight coating, fender painting, and possibly painting the nose.

In "potentially less good" news, when I reached out to my insurance company, they indicated that the vehicle will have to go through underwriting before they even consider covering the vehicle at all. I reinstalled the side skirt and have sent them the required photos from all 4 sides.

:yikes:

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/10/20 3:52 p.m.

Photos as sent:

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/10/20 4:14 p.m.

Travelers insurance will insure as "liability only". Coverage starting today - but this is at least in part because the car was already on the policy. 

Does anyone have recommendations for insurers who have more complete coverage for "R" titled vehicles?

...and that missing knockout on the bumper cover for the tiedown is en route as well. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
3/10/20 6:03 p.m.

How is a new insurer going to know that it is R titled? They insure the VIN, which will only show the R title with an investigation that is not happening prior to a claim. Your old insurer only knows the title status because of the claim. Just buy insurance without mentioning the R. I have never had an agent ask the title status.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/10/20 6:20 p.m.

Allstate covers full coverage on two salvage title cars for me

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/10/20 6:39 p.m.

...but if there *is* a claim, then won't I get jammed up?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/10/20 7:36 p.m.

In reply to Greg Smith :

Can you put agreed value collector car insurance on it?

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
3/10/20 7:55 p.m.

Greg, great to see the end result!  

Also, you know what I do for work.  I wouldn't take Allstate if it was free, by far the worst in the industry claim service in my experience, again and again for years.  

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
3/10/20 8:24 p.m.

state farm will only do state minimum on salvage title cars. I have looked into that in the past.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
3/11/20 2:12 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to Greg Smith :

Can you put agreed value collector car insurance on it?

Likely too many miles driven for that, he does ~30k+/year.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
3/11/20 2:12 p.m.

I switched my car/home insurance to Erie and got a big discount from Travelers. It might be worth a call over to them. No r-title cars for me though, yet.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/11/20 2:30 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

now down to 15-20k with more work from home. Which should be good for my rates :)

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/12/20 9:48 a.m.

Over the past 2 days, I'm getting low 30 MPG, or down to mid 29's when driving more enthusiastically. 

My NC1 typically got 28.5, so this is a pleasant increase. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap SuperDork
3/12/20 10:56 a.m.

Glad to see how well this has come along. 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
3/12/20 11:14 a.m.

Needs some sweet "phoenix rising from the ashes" graphics on it. laugh

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/12/20 11:32 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

I'm considering something. Maybe a 'firebird-like' hood logo. But I want to keep this classy too. 

1 ... 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
chuOQU6Vhn1acN7qnzNIgvQOHCivw8RuxnvSVhAXYtExeuVGEBB677c7N3uifO5s