1 2 3
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/14/20 4:29 p.m.

Here is the borrowed trailer vs new trailer.

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
11/14/20 5:28 p.m.

Wellcraft giving stink eye in the background...laugh

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/14/20 6:47 p.m.
11GTCS said:

Wellcraft giving stink eye in the background...laugh

Hahaha, pretty much!

spandak
spandak HalfDork
11/14/20 10:11 p.m.

Wow. I haven't seen the Florida canals since I was 5 years old. I spent a lot of time in those, Fort Myers area. I haven't seen them since. Just brings back memories. Looks fun!

MattGent
MattGent Reader
11/16/20 12:30 p.m.

I'm guessing that rig is just over the 3000lb limit for trailer brakes.  I'm generally liberal about that especially in flat FL, but be careful if you tow to the Keys.  Cops down there give no leeway.

Most of the 13" tires on the market are crap, I've blown a few of them.  Carlisle Radial Trail HD seem to be OK.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/16/20 7:19 p.m.

220DF Boat weighs 2250 without the engine according to the info I found online. 

http://www.jimcartermarine.com/image_pages/aqua_floor.html

Figure 400lbs for the engine and gas puts me a little under 3000 lbs.  Trailer weighs 850lbs according to the MSO.

I have a shiny get out of jail free card in my wallet in case any keys police officer gives me a hard time cheeky

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/16/20 9:31 p.m.

Figured I would try to bring the vinyl back.  SEM makes a vinyl dye for marine applications.

The boats vinyl is supple and not ripped but it has lost its color over the years.

Color is not a perfect match but I plan on dying every thing so it shouldn't matter too much.

I will have to see how it holds up but so far I am pretty stoked on the results.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
11/16/20 9:39 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I'm guessing you were at the buzzards bay end near the RR bridge?

Definitely not someplace for the faint of heart.   Between the current, wind, and traffic it can definitely test the pilot and vessel. 

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
11/17/20 4:41 a.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

Took the boat for is inaugural cruise.  All went well and we made it back with no problems.

It was a bit windy (15 to 20) but she handled the light chop well.  I did hit the wake of a 70ish foot boat head on and some water washed over the bow.  It actually helped blow my kids mess from lunch out of the boat.

Boat seems happy around 20 mph with 8 people on board.  I am good with that...

As the tide came in our island shrank.

We drove around for a bit afterwards and founds some dolphins before heading home.

Dude, we do this same thing several weekends a year at a friends house south of Savannah. Their place is on the marsh and we sandbar and cruise in several small boats. Your photos really make me miss it, the pandemic has kept all of us home this year. 

looks like it's going to be a great boat. 

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/17/20 4:56 a.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

Figured I would try to bring the vinyl back.  SEM makes a vinyl dye for marine applications.

The boats vinyl is supple and not ripped but it has lost its color over the years.

Color is not a perfect match but I plan on dying every thing so it shouldn't matter too much.

I will have to see how it holds up but so far I am pretty stoked on the results.

It really brought out the shine in the cup holders too...  impressive

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/22/20 1:42 p.m.

So I moved on from cup holders to seats.  The vinyl dye went on easily and came out great.  Now the million dollar question is how will it hold up?

This is the right side for comparison.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/22/20 4:00 p.m.

That looks awesome.  I did the rear seat of my cj-2 and it has been perfect for 3 years.  I hope you get the same .  They look like new.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
11/22/20 7:54 p.m.

Wow, what a difference! 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
2/2/21 6:45 p.m.

Finished the last seats finally.  

Last weekend I spent some time with the rubbing compound.

I also was able to mask off the faded vinyl stripes and freshened them up with some black spray paint.  Unfortunately I didn't take an after picture.  

Boat is coming along nicely, should have it ready for boating season with time to spare.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
2/2/21 6:59 p.m.

Lookin good! 

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 Reader
2/2/21 7:15 p.m.

We vacation on a lake and the owner of the home next door has a fiberglass side Bennington with twin Verado 300's on it. It's a sweet Pontoon(which is something I never imagined I'd say). 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/3/21 7:28 a.m.

In reply to No Time :

It was the Nausett Inlet on the sea side.  All the water from Orleans Cove rips in and out of this tiny slot.  Fun!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/2/21 5:07 p.m.

Got a new accessory for the boat.  Its a floating mat things.  Kids totally approve.

Over the winter I plan to get a new canvas for the bimini and a power pole.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/2/21 5:13 p.m.

I've seen those mats.  They damn sure are cool.

As for a power pole, I interned at JL Marine for about 7-8 months.  They're having supply issues right now according to what my neighbor (who still works there) was saying.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/2/21 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Not suprised by a supply issue.  That seems to be the case for just about everything nowadays.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/2/21 6:12 p.m.

It was bad enough that they were cannibalizing pretty much anything they could, then rebuilding them as necessary in order to get parts out the door for warranty work and such.  

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/29/22 6:12 p.m.

So today Ian broke the top off of a largeish oak tree.  Unfortunately the boat was parked nearby.

Its still to windy to get out and assess the damage.  I will probably have to wait until tomorrow to figure it out.

...i have no luck with trees sad or hurricanes

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/22 6:15 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Damn as soon as I saw it come to the top I knew what happened.  Let me know if you need any help.  I'm off next two days and have a chainsaw.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/29/22 6:19 p.m.

Appreciate it, I will let you know.  I have my dad and a buddy coming tomorrow. 

How did the stampie homestead do in the storm?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/29/22 7:05 p.m.

Sorry to see that. :(

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0FPjHSfEO4Z4GkE5suJgyjNS6vIFNgleNdpftuX1tWoDdRnxm0Wc501KUErhMGfR