We're good.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/22 9:21 p.m.

Texted you to make sure you are ok!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/29/22 9:34 p.m.

All good!  I will update the thread tomorrow with some pictures of the hopefully minor damage.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
9/29/22 9:52 p.m.

That's  how long it needs to be.  Do not shorten it.  

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/29/22 10:04 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

So today Ian broke the top off of a largeish oak tree.  Unfortunately the boat was parked nearby.

Its still to windy to get out and assess the damage.  I will probably have to wait until tomorrow to figure it out.

...i have no luck with trees sad or hurricanes

That looks like a sweetgum-a tree that while at least providing more shade than a pine tree, really likes to dump branches too. Sweetgums really seem to like dumping branches when it rains a lot. sad

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/30/22 6:09 p.m.

So I spent the entire day cleaning my yard and helping the neighbors.

I was able to safely cut up the downed tree top with chain saw.

The ski pole thing in the back protected the engine and the folding Bimini top took one for the team.  It's mangled and bent pretty good but the rest of the fencing seems ok.

All the curved pieces were originally straight...

My wife wanted a full length Bimini anyway, so now  I guess we get to upgrade.  Given what I feared was damaged this is the best case scenario.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
4/30/23 7:26 p.m.

Time for a pontoon update. 

I ordered a new 12 foot bimini top after the hurricane Ian damage.  It is currently being built and should be ready in a few weeks.

In the meantime I decided to tackle a project that has been on my mind since I bought the boat.  The original fencing has always been a little beat up, so I pulled the trigger on new cobalt blue fencing from pontoonstuff.com.

Here are a few before pictures.

​​​​​​​

First step was to remove the fencing.  It was pretty straightforward and I had one side off in about 45 minutes.

​​​​​​​

I then put the removed panel in the garage on a folding table.

I knocked the old fencing out with a mallet and then put the new fencing on with some rivets and two clamps.

It came out great!  I left some of the cream colored fencing that was in good shape and I really like two tone contrast.

​​​​​​​

I ended up completing three of the four panels.  Hopefully i can finish the other panel this week.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
5/14/23 9:11 p.m.

I was able to order a set of Aqua Patio emblems from ebay.  They came from Eastern Europe of all places.

They came in today and I installed them.  The emblems really make the new fencing look oem.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xn3hU0k8vjDvsVgHAF990SB32fzQoNswd5kehM86avbjrHttUxrKFaFZynDsc22W