Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/15/22 2:39 a.m.

Figured I'd start a "build" thread on the other modifiable vehicle in the driveway, a 21 Mustang GT.

I bought it brand new in December of 21 from Karl Flammer Ford in Tarpon Springs, Florida with a whole 26 miles on it. It was also simple optioned vehicle, as it really only had the performance pack, active exhaust, and summer only tires. V8, 6spd, 3.73 Torsen, 19's, cloth interior. Black and black.

So, not modifying it lasted about 3 months...I called in a favor and went with an assortment of UPR Products pieces for the weakass IRS suspension. I installed these in my hotel parking lot a few days prior to  attending the Spring Break Shootout in Bradenton. I still haven't put on all of what I purchased, but it's good for now.

Mmmmm billet...

Fast forward to last week and now sitting at 16k miles. I drive a lot for my profession. wink

I needed tires. The crappy OE Pirellis had been throughly abused with about 20 drag passes plus crappy roads. I purchased some Nitto NT555rII drag radials in the stock 275/40r19 size. Even got an online code via email for 20% off with free shipping from tirebuyer! I brought them to a local tire place to have put on after speaking to them at the local cruise event. They did me a huge solid for $20 on the install and balance.

Once installed back on the car, plenty of burnouts commenced. Lol.

Now, it's just a few precious days before leaving on Hot Rod Drag Week... Sure, let's rip out part of the exhaust!!! And I want to thank Ford for the fully welded, awkward, and heavyass exhaust. Oh well, it'll be another chance to upgrade later.

It sounds better now too...

Just an oil change now and I'm ready to hopefully get into the 12's, largely still stock.

Until next time: always have a Plan B.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/16/22 8:14 a.m.

Just a little bit of prep, washed, destickered mostly, before a marathon of driving next week (hopefully)....

Before:

After:

Nothing but simple things to get it ready(?) for the abuse upcoming... 1320 Street Shine bug remover, glass cleaner, and wheel/tire cleaner with some maguires car wash soap and an OCD ex wife washing while I stood around drinking beer. laugh

Until next time: always have a Plan B.

PS- I'm going to try to update this thread throughout next week adventures good, bad, or ugly.. smiley

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/16/22 8:18 a.m.

Cool, will definitely be following along.  Drag Week is on my to do list.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/22 9:20 a.m.

following

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/19/22 10:45 a.m.

Much more later but Tom Bailey ran a 6.04@249 in SickSeconds...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GI9rgRlJFCUL7ffsDdZPD9M8ZhgYTlAJ0sB1uhFXyUZ3dlPgwssrPPuMmpfXaNNo