1 2 3 ... 52

I guess since my ACR has a thread might as well do a blanket one for all my other current cars in my fleet. 

Current:
2002 Dodge Neon RT 
2007 Ford Focus Wagon

1985 dodge Omni glh 

2007 Honda Civic 

1998 Jeep Cherokee 

2011 Ford Ranger 

Ill do a few post giving a quick overview of the current cars minus the ACR it can be found here https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/copart-01-dodge-neon-acr/136847/page1/

After owning 100+ cars I am super happy with my fleet minus not having a personal Miata currently but that will change soon hopefully. 

Between me and the lady we have 10 vehicles and everything currently runs and drives and it registered. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/2/18 12:46 p.m.

I guess lets start with my R/T. 

I purchased this car 10-25-15 with 201K on it at night in the rain.... yup thats a good start. 

Picture of it parked next to my $40 beater neon 

So when we purchased it the seller told us it needed a clutch and didnt have reverse and thats all he knew about it. 

Got it home and ordered everything to do the clutch, brakes and timing belt and water pump and went to town. Oil coated the underside when we were done. 

I bought this one to daily drive and be my winter beater and it has done its job flawlessly. 

72K later and taking it on 6-7 hours trips pretty often this has been a awesome car for us. 

Beyond having to replace about every suspension bit on the car and motor mounts it has been very trouble free. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/2/18 12:51 p.m.

99 Neon 

101K on the clock, DOHC, 5 speed rust free also. 

Bought a 01 MAG and intake maniflold and exhaust manifold head of a friend of mine and did the valve seals and it was on its way on to the car, with the help of my sister of course. 

Got it running good and put a Mopar ECU in and it ran real well for what it was. 

Scored a carbon hood on craiglist and it got put on. 

Professor_Brap
3/2/18 12:57 p.m.

2004 VW golf TDI 

It was purchased for $1200 from a girlfriends co-worker with a limp mode issue. A quick scan on VAG-COM showed a faulty N-75 valve. 

I found record of a timing belt so that was not top priority. It needed brakes real bad and a CV axle. 

I scored a set of clean black cloth seats from a friend so they got swapped, along with a nice leather passat wheel. 

old 

New

Did some front end bushings, got it tuned along with deleting it. Did some other odds and ends and put a set of SRT-4 wheels I had laying around on it. 

It currently needs a clutch due to the dual mass flywheel failing. I have a south bend stage 3 for it but haven't had the time to tear it apart. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/2/18 1:00 p.m.

1994 Plymouth Sundance (SomeDents).

The Girlfriend and I acquired it from one of her family members when someone passed away because "you guys wont trash it". 

Haven't had a single moment to mess with it, but should be a fun little project. 

Professor_Brap
3/2/18 1:10 p.m.

This is my baby. My 1995 Sport sedan. 

I was watching this car on Craigslist for no joke one year. 2 owner 43K blown headgasket, they wanted $2200 when it was first posted. After watching it go down and down in price it got to $300 and I knew I needed it. 

A phone call later it was mine and on the way home. 

What made my want the car so bad is the build date. It is a super early car with a 11/93 build date. 

We started with doing the head gasket and general checking it over and maintance.. 

had the head shaved and did the valves. 

so while we were on a roll we decided to paint it the factory color (light iris metallic) before winter hit. 

We got the car back together and was test driving it some to see if it needed anything else. 

The car drove amazing. The only thing it currently needs it driven and speakers. 

In the end I got the car I had been looking to get for almost 2 years..... a 100% stock early Neon. I couldn't be happier with it. 

A little sneak peak of something that is coming this summer https://twitter.com/regularcars/status/939836893583331328

JeremyJ
JeremyJ New Reader
3/2/18 2:41 p.m.

Those early cars had some weird quirks including, but not limited to, one of the ugliest steering wheels I've ever seen. What a score, though. There was a first gen for sale near me not too long ago, with twenty-something thousand on it. It was an auto and they wanted a bit much for it. It would have been cool to have a car from the mid nineties that looked and felt new, though. 

I think I'm going to share your collection story to my wife so she quits complaining about the four cars in my driveway. 

Professor_Brap
3/2/18 2:43 p.m.
JeremyJ said:

Those early cars had some weird quirks including, but not limited to, one of the ugliest steering wheels I've ever seen. What a score, though. There was a first gen for sale near me not too long ago, with twenty-something thousand on it. It was an auto and they wanted a bit much for it. It would have been cool to have a car from the mid nineties that looked and felt new, though. 

I think I'm going to share your collection story to my wife so she quits complaining about the four cars in my driveway. 

I like the quirks of the early cars. Why I looked for one. 

If it will make your wife feel better I got more cars on the way. 

also a bonus picture from a few days ago. 

JeremyJ
JeremyJ New Reader
3/2/18 3:28 p.m.

I'd sign over both of my nuts for a GTS. Seriously. 

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
3/2/18 6:20 p.m.

Great thread! You left out the most intriguing car of all your "$40 neon"...gotta hear that story.

What is preferable to the early cars?

(Never had a neon, loved renting them, all I know is they were pretty hot on the local AutoX scenes for a time, and that they are the last design AMC design team ever penned. (100% huge fan for that reason alone)

Any crazy V-6 minivan engine swap ideas? or the 2.4 liter? Leaving now to troll CL for neon deals....

Professor_Brap
3/2/18 9:32 p.m.
Agent98 said:

Great thread! You left out the most intriguing car of all your "$40 neon"...gotta hear that story.

What is preferable to the early cars?

(Never had a neon, loved renting them, all I know is they were pretty hot on the local AutoX scenes for a time, and that they are the last design AMC design team ever penned. (100% huge fan for that reason alone)

Any crazy V-6 minivan engine swap ideas? or the 2.4 liter? Leaving now to troll CL for neon deals....

I bought the purple $40 neon off a lady for scrap price since the ignition froze. They offered her $140 and $100 in pick-up fees. You can drill out the reatining clip and the ignition slides out and slide in the new once of your choice. I sold it to a friend for $100 and he still drives it. 

I like early cars because they have some oddity to them. 

Not really into the V6 swaps. I have had a few 2.4 swaps and srt4s and SRT swaps and also meh. 

I like the magnum motor (hot motor). A header and a underdrive pull and light weight fly wheel and they are 10/10 in my eyes. 

The red car made 180s ish when I had it. All on oem parts 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
3/2/18 11:15 p.m.

95 SOHC/5spd Sport Sedans have a very soft spot in my heart.. my first and best neon. Yours looks great!!

Professor_Brap
3/5/18 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Vigo :

Thank you! I really wanted a 95 SOHC/5 speed sedan in a odd color and I got excatly what I wanted. 

Professor_Brap
3/6/18 3:08 p.m.

Took this when I left for work. 

Professor_Brap
3/9/18 11:36 a.m.

Just some of the small things I from the Iris rebuild. NOS Sport decals. 

Im a weird person who loves OEM keys. 

Professor_Brap
3/13/18 2:41 p.m.

Got the boost gauge installed in the cabin side of the car. Im lazy and wont work in the cold to do the intake manifold and EGR delete. 

Professor_Brap
3/14/18 9:58 a.m.

Did upstreem O2 sensor last night and did my weekly fluid checks. Hope that was causing my loss in fuel economy. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/16/18 10:22 a.m.

Well another car comes home. 

Girl friend purchased another focus wagon to replace her dying focus wagon which has been trusty for the last 120K. The ol steel termites are getting the best of it. 

Low (ish) miles and 100% rust free. Cant complain. 

Her new white focus, the old blue focus, my R/T, and her sisters green focus wagon. 
They both like their wagons and these make a ton of since for what they both do. 

Professor_Brap
3/21/18 9:41 a.m.

Looks like the Sundance will be coming to my house on easter, I have collected everything I need to 5 speed swap it ,some used cleaner rockers, and a fender. 

I think im going to give my sister this car for her first car, she seems to really like it. 

You can also see the new yorker im trying to get peeping in the back ground. 

Professor_Brap
3/23/18 9:57 a.m.

drove the iris neon to lunch. First time driving it a few months. Man I love this car! 

Professor_Brap
3/29/18 9:58 a.m.

The joys of driving a beater car have arose. Cv axle was making a ton of noise last night, grabbed a new one off my shelf and 20min later it was swapped. 

That one knuckle is the rustiest thing on the whole damn car. It is off a parts car that had new wheel bearings so I swapped it onto my car when its wheel bearing went bad. 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
3/29/18 12:01 p.m.

I'm going to have to look you up later when I go to get a neon.

Professor_Brap
3/29/18 1:43 p.m.

Was clearing out car pictures folders on my computer and found these pictures. 

These are from Haggerstown, MD. We take a picture with these every year for Chrysler Carlisle. 

Professor_Brap
3/30/18 9:15 a.m.

I think this is the first time I have had all 3 of these neons in the same place. 

Professor_Brap
4/5/18 9:41 a.m.

Sundents is home, then to work. We have put 200 Trouble free miles on it. It needs some general Maint and some love. 

The lady who owned it bought it new in 94, She called the dealership and said she wanted a car delivered..... They asked what she wanted. She said a blue coupe and thats what they got her. 

1 2 3 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fpqDWYJFI5mSwVMQiU6V63Iim0OLGZw6RpcRTaPdfLPAJsY58fLewKYTE1oPKXdx