1 ... 37 38 39
spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/7/20 9:39 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

yeeeeep. 

this is the view when I got the driver seat cleared out this morning to pull it off the trailer

and this is what I pulled out of the driver seat

home sweet home! 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
6/7/20 1:55 p.m.

congrats man!  glad the trip went smoothly.  going full Sansford & Sons on that packing job, I like your style.

6/8/20 8:43 p.m.

1hen I came back from lunch today I got a good look at hazmat from my favorite angle.

the front 3/4 view on this car looks awesome. 

I went and took the trash out and snapped this photo even with the poor lighting to remind myself.. this is when the car looks really good on these wheels... 

when I drove past the car today.. there was a pang of guilt.. when it's sitting nosed in against the garage at the old place... easy to not think about.. but now... hard to not see the good angles.. bad paint and all. 

one of my good buddies said to me one 

"maaaaannnn... Pete you love a good hooptie!" and I do.. and I'm starting to form a plan in my head on how to make Hazmat a triple threat car just like Ronald... 

9/25/20 9:50 p.m.

almost 4 months later.. and hazmat hasn't moved thanks to a variety of things..

but plans are forming on getting another K20 to get the car back on the road sooner than later..

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/26/20 2:54 p.m.

Do tell....

9/26/20 7:38 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

a K24 long block is cheaper than a used K20z3 long block.... but will set me back enough in tuning, extra needed parts and additional work.. that I realized I need to park that idea if I'm going to get this car back on the road in a reasonable amount of time.... I'm just not working with enough extra cash right now for that to make sense.

I've got some stuff going on at work.. so I'm not going to start making moves overnight.. but wheels are turning..

to that point... I  spoke with some friends who have an 8th gen and have done the swap themselves and they're willing to let me use their lift for 2 days to do the swap. which has been a hurdle I've been trying to overcome...

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
9/27/20 9:00 a.m.

so i guess the evidence is still pointing to a blown HG?  might be interesting to see an autopsy when it gets yanked.

9/28/20 10:24 a.m.

In reply to ScottyB :

I will have had to blown the NEW head gasket... which i don't believe it has..

could be a cracked block.. who knows.. i don't have the space to tear it apart..

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/28/20 12:06 p.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to ScottyB :

I will have had to blown the NEW head gasket... which i don't believe it has..

could be a cracked block.. who knows.. i don't have the space to tear it apart..

Cracked block is still my guess. 

1 ... 37 38 39
Our Preferred Partners
P1VAd5vaEI7XswGSZ3ntXSNxrNfchCfVh5QvemDSwJXoP6JYOti083PyB3BuPmTc