1 2 3
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/31/20 5:47 p.m.

In reply to cafcwest :

If it were my car I'd be looking for a snowmobile windscreen to put over the instrument binnacle and deflect bugs ( or just get them in the forehead). It would make it look a bit lke the deflectors on the concept cars  in the earlier post. A motorcycle one might work,too.

Example:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/615031145824996/

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/22/20 2:20 p.m.

RVA in the house! I'm local to Midlothian as well. I propose an RVA meetup where other car people won't go to bother us. I think Fine Creek Brewing would work! 

Back on task. For the windshield, you might want to check out bass boat windscreen replacements. Some are square-ish, some are swoopy. I bet you could find one to mount on the driver's side at least to mee the letter of the law. Most come pre-drilled for mounting as well. 

cafcwest
cafcwest HalfDork
9/24/20 9:22 a.m.

In reply to Xceler8x :

Woot woot! 

Yeah for right now I have motorcycle windshield extensions.  They are *something* and are suprisingly effective for shielding from the wind.  I carry around a copy of the VA antique vehicle safety requirements and it just says windshield - it doesn't dictate the form, safety glass, etc.

And yes once this pandemic is in the rear view mirror, I'm dying to get my car people back together again!

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
1/11/22 7:07 p.m.

Just bringing this back from the dead in case there are any updates.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MWnugKv2WDYhVxSFlC0iDHKq93SiPiLHzVnKN82FYCfEkI4nH8U9XYzvDiiOxb7E