1 ... 6 7 8
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/8/22 12:12 a.m.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more awesome; it does! smiley

SanchinMiata
SanchinMiata Reader
3/8/22 8:06 a.m.

I dub thee "Mercenzo Benerrari". Go forth and conquer!

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/8/22 9:32 a.m.
SanchinMiata said:

Greatest. Name. Ever.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/8/22 11:58 a.m.

Whoof...  I might need a minute. 

What do you estimate your final weight would be around?

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
3/8/22 12:22 p.m.

Not the most powerful engine choice, but certainly one of the most unique and exotic. Any plans to squeeze some more power out of it after the install? 

This car is going to be spectacular when it's completed and I'm excited to see the results. 

tygaboy
tygaboy Reader
3/8/22 1:46 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Targeting 3000 lbs. Fingers crossed...

tygaboy
tygaboy Reader
3/8/22 1:52 p.m.

In reply to JeremyJ :

No plans to extract more power. This build, as I suspect you can tell, is more about silliness than outright performance. I'll post some details about the team name and planned paint scheme, as well as what I expect is the last of the odd-ball changes being made to the car. Then it's "put up or shut up" time for me and getting focused on making this happen.

tygaboy
tygaboy Reader
3/8/22 1:55 p.m.
SanchinMiata said:

OK, I just may have to work this into the build. Then we'll need to figure out a way to meet up. Why? You'll need to sign the car as a contributor!

tygaboy
tygaboy Reader
4/17/22 11:24 a.m.

The package has arrived. That trans looks big because it is: there is a cavity around the ring & pinion that's part of the dry sump system. And yes, I AM going to see if it might also fit in my 914. That induction system is likely a no-go for the Porsche but initial measurements suggests the length won't be a problem. And let me just get the obvious out of the way: "That's what she said!"

tygaboy
tygaboy Reader
4/17/22 11:27 p.m.

Well, sorry about this. It turns out the Ferrari drive train DOES fit in a 914. So nicely that another 914 has been sourced to house it. Alas, Benzo Ferrari, she will not be.

Back to noodling on what to use. The originally planned LS/PDK? Or should it be a V12? I'll let you know as soon as I decide. Until then, enjoy the "proof of concept" fitting.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/17/22 11:50 p.m.

Dude, you're killing me with these builds. Bravo

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
4/18/22 10:17 a.m.

And still mid-engined, at that!

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/22 10:48 a.m.

Please just leave it and build the 914..................thanks from a fellow 914 lover

CoolUserName
CoolUserName New Reader
4/30/22 10:01 p.m.

Whenever a Ferrari engine ends-up not in a Ferrari, it's a fun build. yes

hitek84
hitek84 New Reader
5/1/22 9:01 p.m.

I was thinking a V12/V8 from AMG/MB or something from another german source wouldn't be the wurst!

1 ... 6 7 8
Our Preferred Partners
8QX7r8Rg2QjIPkEsKmcMSrfxqSXqKoeFmkIOKuCECXrLbVaF04LsaNaeCBQGxzQk