1 2 3 4
gszczyrbak
gszczyrbak New Reader
4/16/21 8:11 a.m.

For tomorrow's Susquehanna Rallycross Practice Day 7 out of 10 in Prepared FWD are Mazdas.  And there are another 3 in SF and MF for a total of 10.  Overall more than any other brand except of course the AWD Subarus which outnumber the Mazdas 2 to 1.

Weirdly, only 2 RWD cars at all, both in MR.

gszczyrbak
gszczyrbak New Reader
4/18/21 7:41 a.m.

Wow!  Practice rallycross day yesterday was blast and an eye opener for me. With the LSD and rally tires, I have to learn to drive the car completely differently. I hit A LOT of cones because the car turned so much better than I was used to.  

At the same time I'm wondering if I may have "out kicked my coverage"  meaning the car is faster than I am talented. Hopefully with seat time I'll improve.

At least it looked good.  Haha

Stavison
Stavison New Reader
4/18/21 9:46 p.m.

Awesome to see! An LSD is probably in my future but most likely not this season. I wish I could've made it to the practice yesterday but I had other commitments. Hopefully, it's looking like I'll be able to make it to Susquehanna in July though, fingers crossed.

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
4/19/21 8:10 a.m.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, you made a TON of changes to the car and will take some time to get used to how it responds. I would just give the cones some room and trust the upgrades you made, and it'll come with some seat time. BTW I'm pretty sure nearly every has room to grow their skills no matter the car, and that just part of the adventure.

gszczyrbak
gszczyrbak New Reader
4/19/21 12:57 p.m.

In reply to HopmanJones :

Thanks! So basically, Go Fast! Avoid Cones! Seems so obvious and simple. laugh

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
4/22/21 7:57 a.m.

Yeah, I know my advice is vague but it kinda boils down to what I had to do when I did very similar upgrades. I distrusted the grip potential that my car had after adding gravel tires and a diff, and I just had to take time to push it to learn the limits. 

Thanks again for the air filter btw!

gszczyrbak
gszczyrbak New Reader
4/24/21 1:33 p.m.
HopmanJones said:

Yeah, I know my advice is vague but it kinda boils down to what I had to do when I did very similar upgrades. I distrusted the grip potential that my car had after adding gravel tires and a diff, and I just had to take time to push it to learn the limits. 

Thanks again for the air filter btw!

Oh I was totally joking. REALLY appreciate your advice!

I got a great deal on an NRG steering wheel through marketplace.  So much so that I though it was a fake. For $60, I got this wheel in remarkably great condition. The worst of it is the horn button and even that is not that bad. This model lists for $165, though I've seen it for as low as $125. Now I just need the hub to fit my Mazda 3 (also fits Mustang and Focus if anyone happens to have one  available). 

gszczyrbak
gszczyrbak New Reader
4/30/21 7:40 a.m.

Always awesome pics by Tom Hamm at Susquehanna events! 

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
fSpnlST9bYZllIfKybd9myFysnsMbYd1a0MwXYjwx29dJpcmexdnQ5PvDypud9SE