1 ... 8 9 10
Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/30/22 8:13 p.m.

Motor mounts. Check the steering giubo and also add clamps to the ps hoses or change if needed. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/1/22 9:22 a.m.

This Genesee Valley Chapter HPDE tech form goes into pretty good detail on the power steering hose failure Slippery mentioned, it worth reading through the rest of it as well as you prep the car - https://gvc-bmwcca.org/_download/GVC_Tech_Form.pdf

trumant
trumant GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/3/22 10:35 a.m.

Rear quarter glass is trickier than it looks but finally gave in.

Remember how I was getting sick of drilling rivets? Well the drivers door had a surprise waiting for me as all of the window regulator rivets had been replaced by bolts. No complaints though as it really made removal easy.

So, 3 doors gutted of wiring and glass down and 1 last rear that will get done when the humidity dips below 2000%

trumant
7/3/22 4:00 p.m.

Final door is now done!

Now that the final quarter glass is gone she's been thoroughly de-stickered.

De-wiring is not yet complete however

At this point I'm focused on identifying all the wiring for taillights, brake lights, fuel pump, fuel level sender, etc that all go to the rear of the car so I can tape and label them and get them set aside.

On the front side, I'm tracing back and removing all of the wiring from power windows, locks, door lock heater, speakers, etc.

Progress is hard to measure but the todo list is getting checkmarks on a regular enough basis to maintain momentum.

trumant
7/3/22 8:12 p.m.

One last quick job of removing the fog lights. Until I got under the car and was reminded of the rampant f*ckery of HID ballasts and angel eyes and spliced wires.

In either case the headlights and signals will get rewired before too long and I'm strongly considering swapping back to OE-type headlights.

trumant
7/4/22 11:26 a.m.

All of the rear circuits in the cabin are now tidied up (albeit not labeled yet).

Driver's side rear

Fuel pump, sender

and passenger side rear

I do still need to gut the trunk lid harness as the only circuit I need there is tag lights but that can wait until the front side is more figured out.

Passenger side under dash is now completely cleaned up and the harness is beginning to be tamed bit by bit

trumant
7/20/22 5:33 p.m.

Stupid hot temps and a week of business travel to Seattle means the only recent progress has been receiving and storing away a few more parts for the build.

I'm anxious to get started on the painting, roll bar install and wiring but not if it means I'm sweating buckets the whole time.

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
apocIG0Yai1V0Bjz57O1SPYaQGGWA7CaOeSs64uAm6DJCP7XpIE8L4Jq5ou9Alds