1 ... 6 7 8
trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/16/20 8:08 p.m.

Now that I have the back seats out and have started to strip out unnecessary parts of the wiring harness I feel like I'm really at a major turning point for the car.

What was once primarily a street car is on the cusp of becoming primarily a track car that will remain street legal. At the same time, trimming the wiring harness and stripping out interior components feels both like new levels of commitment and complexity but also like a point of almost no return.

Sure I could store away all of the interior pieces I'm removing but realistically once the rollbar goes in there is no going back.

Speaking of rollbar I really need to find a reputable source for a welded in bar that could potentially become the basis for a future cage. Once I've got someone nailed down to do the work I'll feel much more comfortable about fully prepping the car for track centric duty.

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/19/20 6:51 p.m.

Got the old girl up on jack stands yesterday and attempted to replace the fuel filter. Unfortunately I couldn't get the car high enough to successfully remove the shielding panel covering the filter. Rather than play sill tricks with my jack to add some height I decided to just let my local shop install it when I drop it off for inspection in a week.

Got back out to the garage today and removed all of the grab handles, visors and dome/cabin lights so I could pull the headliner.

Attempted to go through all of the rear speaker wiring and got the passenger rear working again and bundled all of them and routed them cleanly with existing wiring.

Test drive later in the day revealed that now the driver side rear is acting up. And that the car is loud as hell now without the headliner and rear seats in place.

1 ... 6 7 8
Our Preferred Partners
uTwaOqqHRetmZNl9kEjxExyT56UqwHzOw8AVTXrMZDDNS2qtHAs38eHV8GBo68j2