1 ... 14 15 16 17 18
bonylad
bonylad GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/20/22 12:26 p.m.

Alright. So about 45 mins of work this morning. Woooohooo. 

Opti
Opti Dork
2/20/22 5:13 p.m.

I don't know why I am drawn to these so much. I don't much care for s10s but when you put a v8 in them even a lazy one, I'm all in.

I really want a lowered v8 swapped bravada

bonylad
2/20/22 5:42 p.m.

Inspiration!  I found if I move the wires around a little bit and removed a little bit of the insulation a.k.a. rough corrugated conduit. I was able to relocate the ECM to the firewall using an existing bolt!  

I don't know about the overflow though you never really did a damn thing anyways. The ECM doesn't really do a darn thing anyways except serve as a pass-through for the gauges. At some point I will probably get rid of it and rewire it but for now it looks better

Mocked up it will look better when I'm done 

bonylad
2/20/22 5:43 p.m.
Opti said:

I don't know why I am drawn to these so much. I don't much care for s10s but when you put a v8 in them even a lazy one, I'm all in.

I really want a lowered v8 swapped bravada

Yeah the 305 was basically free so that's why I swapped it with that originally. The 350 however is going to add about 150 hp. So it will be fun!

bonylad
2/21/22 12:02 p.m.

Daily progress. Isn't much but I only have like 20 mins free ar lunch. lol. 

bonylad
2/22/22 12:08 p.m.

All I need to do is bellhousing bolts. Engine mounts and headers and out she comes. 

bonylad
2/27/22 3:24 p.m.

Alrighty people. Done did work. Also pairing down the harness further to clean up the bay.  

Also sold the old engine with full disclosure as to what's needed. So I have some cash in my pocket. A empty bay and a new engine!

bonylad
3/6/22 1:49 p.m.

Life interrupts. As such I haven't had the time. But today I made it. It's all in. Need to install bellhousing  bolts and tweak it all but it's not goin anywhere. Lol. 

Lord willing I'd have it back up this coming weekend. We will see!

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
3/6/22 3:20 p.m.

Woot - good progress sir.  Love some v8 s10 action.

bonylad
3/6/22 6:45 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Thank you kind sir!

Sgt_Sizzle
Sgt_Sizzle New Reader
3/7/22 11:22 a.m.

After far to long without a proper internet connection I can finally get caught up on all my favorite projects again and boy has this one grown some legs. Now that you've crossed in to Man Motor territory I'm afraid I must double down on the quarter mile time reportyes. Keep it up thing things looking great

bonylad
3/7/22 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Sgt_Sizzle :

Man motor territory?! If I didnt have a sense of humor I would be butt hurt.......even if your right.  Damnit! Whats the ET requirements now?!

LOL

bonylad
3/8/22 6:28 a.m.

Added some bling... Proform valve covers. 

Sgt_Sizzle
Sgt_Sizzle New Reader
3/8/22 9:08 a.m.
bonylad said:

In reply to Sgt_Sizzle :

Man motor territory?! If I didnt have a sense of humor I would be butt hurt.......even if your right.  Damnit! Whats the ET requirements now?!

LOL

This is where I would make a snarky, tongue in cheek remark but really just going A-B on a new build, especially one thats made you work for it, without grenading would be a win. 

bonylad
3/8/22 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Sgt_Sizzle :

True! Though I appreciate the snarky comments. Lol. 

bonylad
3/8/22 8:12 p.m.

Installed the new valve covers and breather. Also the harness is redone and paired a little better.  Goin to bring the water pump to work and clean it. Then paint it black to match the engine.  

Sgt_Sizzle
Sgt_Sizzle New Reader
3/9/22 9:51 a.m.

Lookin fresh, I'm digging the satin black

bonylad
3/13/22 1:12 p.m.

Plugged a hole in the driver side cylinder head which I assume was for a temp sensor. Slapped the core support on. Slapped plugs and wires in. Slapped the accessories on and tensioner.  Couple ground wires and fitted the core support and bumper. 

Fresh water pump and timing tab.

bonylad
3/14/22 7:13 p.m.

bonylad
3/15/22 12:25 p.m.

Has no oil. I did crank it to make sure all was good. Crank as in blip the key.  All good. Further filled the cooling system. Battery was a little low and it's a fresh engine so I'm sure that's why it seems to crank sluggish. Again. No oil blips of the starter. Regardless. Have to get oil and slap the filter in. It's sitting in the charger waiting for that. Dad has to that tool to prime the oil pump so I'll try to do that. 

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/15/22 1:36 p.m.

You'd be well advised to stuff something in that hole where the distributor goes.  Bad stuff often happens when people don't cover open orifices on engines. 

bonylad
3/15/22 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

Fair point.  You may recall in this thread somewhat recently certain somebody dropping a valve cover washer down in an exposed intake port. Not sure I learned my lesson but I will do. 

off-topic not worth its own post but my father is coming over tomorrow to help me a.k.a. father son time to get this thing fired off. I did put oil in the engine primed the oil filter and used one of those tools to prime the oil drive pump. Fingers crossed!

Sgt_Sizzle
Sgt_Sizzle New Reader
3/16/22 10:11 a.m.

Candle lighting time, and hopefully not just the usual flames out the carburetor action. Either way its exciting. Fingers crossed for you 

bonylad
3/16/22 3:14 p.m.

In reply to Sgt_Sizzle :

AMEN!

bonylad
3/17/22 7:42 a.m.
Sgt_Sizzle said:

Candle lighting time, and hopefully not just the usual flames out the carburetor action. Either way its exciting. Fingers crossed for you 

Wellllllllll........it fired off. Sounds rough and seems to be missing like timing is off. I am sure it is.  Will try again. Lesigh.

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CBIC2MQd4YIOXZhEAJVa5WbNVMVxam3z38CshtdqTJ6GMoYFoFtSvyAfUyFDReMP