1 2 3 4 ... 18
bonylad
bonylad GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/7/20 10:48 a.m.

Got her all tucked in to start work!  Dad is gonna come by and help me lift the hood off. I'm can lift it no issue but it's awkward and I need to set it someplace without damaging it. Once that's done I'll post more pics. Also picked up a scanner so I can check it out!

bonylad
5/7/20 12:58 p.m.

Off topic but my wife got a new ride. 11 Subaru Forester. This happened at the old house but figured worth a mention. Used some of the cash from selling the mustang to pick these up for her. And put the boy to work. 

Method MR502

bonylad
5/8/20 6:56 a.m.

Pulled most of the top end off to get ready to tune up and clean. Found the truck had no air filter and that was interesting. Other than that it's all good. Clean and no big surprises. 

Pulled the throttle body off and removed the half moon restrictor off of the butterfly. Took it and the maf housing to work and cleaned them all well before I put them back together. 

Plan to leave it stock looking. Drop in high flow air filter and the throttle mod. Retain stock intake. May do headers but on the fence. The update to MPFI will be a big improvement. 

bonylad
5/8/20 11:22 a.m.

Fully disassembled the MAF and cleaned it. 

Finished pulling the upper plenum cover to clean it and get ready for the MPFI conversion. 

Pulled upper and cleaned it up.

Also thinking about a vintage shop truck look. Something like this on the doors but custom

bonylad
5/10/20 10:54 a.m.

So I pulled the bed liner out. As well as the rear bumper and hitch. All the mud and leaves that were wet under the bed are the reason I hate these things. Yes a roll pan is coming but other than that the bed will get a good clean and I will continue to embrace the patina!

Further work involved removing the front grill. I had intended to remove it to paint in but as it's broke in several spots I feel a replacement is in order. Also getting ready for the LED headlights which may require wiring?  

Ulterior motive was to also remove all the grime and build up behind the grill.  

Scored a shelf at Walmart for cheap. So I have some organization!  Not pictured are the cap and rotor button as well as fuel filter. Installed all that but didn't really get pics. 

bonylad
5/10/20 12:26 p.m.

Removed the cowl and pulled out like two pounds of crap. Leaves and all that. Gave it a quick clean. 

Painted the core support after hitting with evaporust. Again. Embrace the patina! Don't let it get worse. So I hit it with flat black paint. Still drying in this pic. 

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/10/20 2:24 p.m.

Factory GM roll pan or aftermarket ?

bonylad
5/10/20 3:33 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) said:

Way to much for a factory one. Came on the SS right? Was a factory filler panel?  

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/10/20 7:34 p.m.
bonylad said:
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

So clean! I’m going to guess you and I live in different climates.

IDK, lol. Where are you located?  It has surface rust on it, due to it living at the beach for a year or so.

I’m near Detroit. Trucks in that shape just don’t exist here :P

You’re doing great work, and I’m glad this one is getting loved.

bonylad
5/12/20 11:18 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Makes sense. I appreciate the compliments and I will try my best to keep it right!

bonylad
5/12/20 2:25 p.m.

Spoke to the owner of PCM4Less and submitted an order for a tune for the truck! 

Awesome guy! Cant wait! Not looking for a drag truck here, just more refined.

Heck, I didnt even ask for a 93 tune! This is gonna be a cruiser with some balls!

Shout out to them, look forward to the tune. 

(No Im not sponsored, I appreciate hard work and companies that come highly recommended)

Also got a preview of the lettering for the truck. Will be on both doors and matches the coloring of the tailgate!

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/12/20 5:03 p.m.
bonylad said:
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) said:

Way to much for a factory one. Came on the SS right? Was a factory filler panel?  

Factory rear pan from a base, bumper delete truck.

GM part number 15958890

Normal price to the unwashed masses is about 130 bucks. If you're a dealership service manager I'm sure your price is miles less than that. 

bonylad
5/12/20 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

My dad wants to help and I think he is picking one up for me.  Steel one which I'm thankful for either way.  Need to get some cash before I go the next round.  Which is suspension and misc stuff.  Thanks for the heads up!

I did remove the tail lamps to wet sand along with buff and polish them.  Also replace the screws somebody used that weren't correct.  

In progress!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/12/20 8:17 p.m.
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) said:

An S-10 recently appeared down the road from me and it's wearing C4 rims - I've never seen that done before and I find it amazingly sharp looking!

I fully support s10's dropped on c4 wheels!

bonylad
5/12/20 8:43 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Aaaaaaaaah damn. 

bonylad
5/13/20 11:17 a.m.

So my dad ordered a roll pan for me. Super thankful and cant wait for it to arrive. Further parts are showing up, so hope I can make some big progress this weekend.  With sending the ECM out for a tune from PCM4Less I have no idea the turn around. Went with a basic tune on the truck for 87. Hope to have this all back together and running great by the months end! 

Also planning on doing a coolant flush with a 180 thermostat.

I will post up some pics of the tail lamps once I sand/buff/polish.  

As it sits waiting on gaskets and the MPFI to start her back up. And the ecm. And the trans fluid and filter. And the plugs and wires. And the coolant flush.........sigh. So much to do. 

Still at least got the lower all spiffy!

bonylad
5/15/20 7:39 p.m.

Fit the new grille to find out I needed clips which I had tossed with the old grille. Smh. So waiting on those. Wired the new headlights.

Which I had to redo as I had the high and low switched. So. Redid that much nicer. 

Also installed a new EGR just cause. 

I mean of course my son did!

Tommorow I plan to I install the plugs and wires. The MPFI should be in tommorow. Sunday going to pick up some new (basically) Crown lowering springs blocks and u bolts. Won't install till I get shocks but might as well pick them up. 

bonylad
5/16/20 2:17 p.m.

Installed the plugs and wires. Also drained coolant in prep of flushing the cooling system. 

Tommorow morning early I will finish up the intake install. The MPFI came in!  Here's a pic of it installed. 

Also installed a new tensioner. Belt and idler pulley!

bonylad
5/17/20 5:07 p.m.

It's basically all together now. Waiting on clips and the ecm. Pics of it all back. Once it get the ecm I'll fill her up and flush the rad. Installed the new tstat and picked up rad flush. 

After all this I need to test drive her. Can't wait!

bonylad
5/21/20 5:22 p.m.

Got the front end back together. 

Test fitting the roll pan.  Need new drill bits lol. 

Found a good solution for the audio. Using one of these behind the dash to have seamless Bluetooth. 

Depending on the cash flow. I found some wheels I would like. 

bonylad
5/23/20 9:55 a.m.

Alright. So first off thanks to Keith @ PCM4LESS! Got the ecm quickly tuned and back to me in no time! Even gave me a shirt! I will report back on how it drives. It had bad gas and until I can get the good stuff ran through fully I won't try a pull. Either way thanks Keith!

Also thanks Seth for the stickers!  Put one tall and proud on the truck!

Thanks dad for helping with the roll pan and hood!

As it sits right now. Need to take it on a shakedown run and fill her up with gas. May drain the trans tonigh and put a fresh filter and fluid in cause as it sits it needs some! Ready to go!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/23/20 10:09 a.m.

Keep being awesome. 

bonylad
5/24/20 11:34 a.m.

Painted the roll pan. 

Stopped by my parents house to show them the truck. Mom is the daughter of the granddaddy who owned this. I was dirty and not photogenic but she wanted a pic. Soooo

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/20 11:50 a.m.

I have those exact US Wheel Series 68's on my hot rod (even narrower though). They are very good quality for price. The powdercoat is flawless. 

bonylad
5/24/20 11:56 a.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:

I have those exact US Wheel Series 68's on my hot rod (even narrower though). They are very good quality for price. The powdercoat is flawless. 

Awesome!  I'm thinking they might be the ones. Or embrace the old school look and slap some beauty rings on these and drive it. Idk. Depends on the budget. I won't compromise on cost for a good lowering kit. So that will eat into the funds. 

Thanks you!

1 2 3 4 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vN7KPua4TzG3onH99GqnRFXkZXNjPN7UeCsDka0EGB8SEYcHaydB3C9FanFusg9A