1 2 3
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 6:55 p.m.

So I bought THIS Jaguar xjr6 and am going to get it Saturday in my first train and drive. I can say that this is likely the most excited I have been about a car in probably a decade. I basically didn't sleep last night. 

I have been looking for an XJR6 since I noticed that they were getting cheap. By that point though, they were pretty much non-existent. I like the V8 cars but never quite as much as the x300 body and that supercharged straight six.

I will post trip updates and car progress here.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 7:01 p.m.

I have been trying to find a pulley kit but am not having luck. There is one on eBay in Australia for over $400. To much for a challenge car. I am looking for alternatives. It has an eaton m90 but I doubt the input is shared with any of the other m90.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
9/11/17 7:07 p.m.

Sweet! 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/11/17 7:44 p.m.

Go to your local machine shop. Im certain that they can make one for much less than 400.

Also, im jealous.  Want is strong for one of these, but wallet is weak.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 8:13 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Many, MANY promises and guarantees were made to SWMBO to make this happen.

Also, just verified, sort of, that a set of E36 M3ty old steel wheels I have on my ranchero. They look to be 15*10 and should work great with the soft circle track tires I plan to use at the drags.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/11/17 8:14 p.m.

I know a guy that has scrubs....

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Sorry, I don't follow.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
9/11/17 8:46 p.m.

Congrats that was a smoking deal!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/11/17 8:53 p.m.

Post some pics and dimensions of the pulley. Pulling it off and showing the mount would be even better. I know in the Toyota SC world you can either buy the expensive pulley from Australia or go to the junkyard and grab an AC pulley from some other model for a cheap upgrade. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 8:55 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

That is the kind of GRM info I am looking for! After the initial drive home, a small amount of hooning and tire smoke, the pulley will be yanked and measured.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/11/17 9:14 p.m.

I have a pair of nearly new f40 Hoosier bias ply slicks. 27x10x15 that ovid had planned to use at the challenge fror drag tires. (2 of a set of 4). If you need a pair, or set, it can be arranged.  Cheaply.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/17 9:20 p.m.

Fantastic! Good luck, and may Murphy and Sir Lyons smile upon your endeavors!

frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
9/11/17 9:22 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

If you want to go faster get the car lighter. Gut it, strip off undercoating sound deadening remove windows bumpers trim 

use a single seat take off everything you don't have to have. Fenders trunk lid hood doors. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Got it! I will see what I have and get back to you. Need to go dig them out of my BILs shed.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 9:44 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

That might be the $2018 plan. I want to drive it after the challenge on the street for a bit before destroying it.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/11/17 9:45 p.m.

Also, for some reason they only ever sold a larger lower pulley for this engine, no upper. I wonder if the stock is at the limit of belt slip already.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/11/17 10:18 p.m.

I am so glad someone here got that.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/12/17 7:02 a.m.
dculberson said:

I am so glad someone here got that.

I'm so glad someone here bought it before I did. 

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/12/17 7:25 a.m.
singleslammer said:

I have been trying to find a pulley kit but am not having luck. There is one on eBay in Australia for over $400. To much for a challenge car. I am looking for alternatives. It has an eaton m90 but I doubt the input is shared with any of the other m90.

Regretfully I don't have a kit. I do however have a pulley.

frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
9/12/17 7:30 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer : fair enough.  But the XJR6 is a seriously fast car. Properly prepared 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/12/17 8:48 a.m.

In reply to GVX19 :

Email sent! 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/12/17 8:48 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I hope to find out!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/14/17 8:17 a.m.

Challenge ticket ordered!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/18/17 9:33 a.m.

Made it home! See my trip here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/your-trips-and-adventures/xjr-adventure/132846/page1/#post2370460

The trip was easy and uneventful. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/18/17 9:34 a.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nUHJoWAd4Z2LKVrAllhtJV2RqoOU5Ie5ReVVsM5HG4risDSaWd21DFwNNKAq3nny