rustyvw
rustyvw GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/21 7:54 p.m.

I haven't updated much since I got the Sonnet, so its time for an update.  I don't have a garage to work in, so I found a deal on a 10x20 tent with sides.  At least I'm out of the weather a little bit.  I have spent most of the time I've had it trying to fix electrical issues, between bad grounds and bad splices it's been a constant struggle.  So I bought a universal wiring kit from Speedway Motors.  It will be my first full harness replacement, so I will try to document the progress.  I decided to take it out for one last drive before I yank it apart and the brakes started dragging terribly.  It pulls hard to the right, and the pedal doesn't come all the way back, so I'm assuming the master cylinder has an issue.  So, if anybody has a Saab 96 or Sonnet master cylinder for sale, let me know.  The alternator was barely charging, so that has been replaced with a Saab 900 alternator with an internal regulator.  I will get more pictures as the project progresses, I'm trying to keep this from snowballing into a full restoration.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/21 8:43 p.m.

In reply to rustyvw :

That sucks about the problems Though I suppose it's probably not too surprising for an almost 50-year old car. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SQdSHbIhfz8EYHZqKYTcEJSDWvEXWrBlB4UNHF10LHD2jgxMpkym4l2MsNVd1vMr