1 ... 13 14 15
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/28/21 8:42 p.m.

Brought the Suburban out into the sunshine for the first time since 2019 and went for a drive-it didn't go well. As we drove around, the brakes released less and less until the engine had to really work to overcome them. Turns out that the rod that goes to the master cylinder was slightly too long and a couple of turns of the adjuster fixed that. The timing was too far advanced and it pinged under load, also a quick fix. Now, last time I drove this thing, it had no door seals and plenty of rust holes so it had tons of road noise. Now that those things are corrected, I am hearing other problems that I didn't know I had, like the completely shot U-joints. I replaced the u-joints and that eliminated a lot of NVH. I'm sure I will be tweaking things for a while.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/28/21 8:47 p.m.

I regrets that I have but one thumbs up to give!

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
4/28/21 8:49 p.m.
wawazat said:

I regrets that I have but one thumbs up to give!

Seconded!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/21 10:40 p.m.

Thirded!

golfduke
golfduke Dork
4/29/21 10:12 a.m.

How many snapped necks did you create while driving that thing down the road?  Just absolutely gorgeous. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/29/21 9:05 p.m.
golfduke said:

How many snapped necks did you create while driving that thing down the road?  Just absolutely gorgeous. 

I'm not sure, I've only driven it a few miles so far but should get a bunch more this weekend and I'll see what the reactions are

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
4/30/21 5:02 p.m.

A thing of shear beauty and a joy to behold...........hey where's the three eyed carp/goldfish???.....an under hood mural perhaps??

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/30/21 5:20 p.m.
759NRNG said:

A thing of shear beauty and a joy to behold...........hey where's the three eyed carp/goldfish???.....an under hood mural perhaps??

We are currently figuring out where we want to see the return of Blinky. I went out today to find an entire landscaping crew surrounding the Suburban, they were big fans. I drove it a little and definitely snapped a few necks

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/16/21 9:27 p.m.

Finally had a chance to take some good photos

5/17/21 5:01 p.m.

this seems like the kind of truck that would bring insane money on BaT.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/17/21 6:33 p.m.

I love trucks with sidewalls. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/17/21 7:50 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

this seems like the kind of truck that would bring insane money on BaT.

I hope so because after I've enjoyed it for this year, I will be putting it on BaT

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
9/10/21 7:37 a.m.

The BringATrailer auction for the Suburban has started, click the link to see it BringATrailer Auction

wawazat
wawazat Dork
9/10/21 9:40 a.m.

Best of luck to you on the auction!

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/10/21 10:11 a.m.

Awesome, hope you get what you wanted!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
9/10/21 10:24 a.m.

Good luck with the sale!

9/10/21 12:03 p.m.

This truck is so cool! I hope it brings a mint.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/10/21 12:07 p.m.
loosecannon said:

Finally had a chance to take some good photos

Curse word, swear, cuss, cuss. I love that thing, and that color on that thing.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/10/21 6:03 p.m.

Good luck on the auction!!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
9/14/21 9:11 p.m.

And the Suburban is sold to a family in Colorado. Now we will be thinking about the next project

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/16/21 8:59 p.m.

Congrats! So.. What's the "fast street car" that this sale helps to purchase?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
9/16/21 9:47 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

Congrats! So.. What's the "fast street car" that this sale helps to purchase?

We got a line on a 1967 Camaro that's a total and complete basket case but it's cheap. We are going to take a closer look and decide this weekend. The plan is to build the "Do everything" car. It has to be street legal, competitive at autocross and time attack and be able to do 10's in the 1/4 mile, and must have full interior and air conditioning. It's been in a storage unit for 20 years and apparently has no rust. I tried to attach a pic of it but the forum won't let me

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/1/21 12:48 p.m.

Our Suburban has had a fascinating life and our chapter with it has closed but the story goes on and it is headed for the famous Caribou Ranch in Colorado, where it will be used to shuttle guests around the Rocky Mountain resort. Never heard of Caribou Ranch Recording Studio? If you're a music fan, you need to watch this little documentary and yes, this is the exact place our Suburban is headed to. Caribou Ranch Recording Studio

1 ... 13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Nfg3oxS4wTJ6irdBn1YTCZsBFvgTE80l2HNykW5lvLCOUgwILW1SfiCRCArEJQq