1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/19 7:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Your T needs a thong to cover its ass crack. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/3/19 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Don't fear the ass crack. Embrace the ass crack. 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
6/3/19 11:59 p.m.
Stampie said:

You Challenge guys sure are close aren't you.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/19 5:39 a.m.
Crackers said:
Stampie said:

You really need to experience it firsthand.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/19 8:03 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Crackers said:
Stampie said:

The Challenge or the ass crack?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/19 9:01 a.m.
maschinenbau said:
Pete Gossett said:
Crackers said:
Stampie said:

The Challenge or the ass crack?

yes

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/19 9:01 a.m.

you'll love it

it's a way of life

it looks just like a Telefunken U47

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
6/4/19 10:21 a.m.

What kind of twisted shenanigans happen at the Challenge hotel???  Maybe I need to go!laugh

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/19 10:39 a.m.
wawazat said:

What kind of twisted shenanigans happen at the Challenge hotel???  Maybe I need to go!laugh

I mean, we did put half a trans am in their dumpster a few years ago

Crackers
Crackers Dork
6/4/19 11:23 a.m.

With the way you guys go on I'm pretty sure I'd opt to weld my ass crack shut before staying in that hotel. 

Stampie
6/8/19 11:12 a.m.

Who knew putting on different wheels would be so hard. 

First I had to take off the old wheel.  Someone was bored during this process. 

To take get the wheel off you take out the outer bearing nut and the outer bearing. That took like an hour to figure out. 

Then removed the hub from the wheel.

Then figured out that the adapter is a very tight fit. Block of wood and sledge hammer didn't work. 

Lunch time. Thinking of freezing the hub and putting the adapter in the oven. If that doesn't work then I guess I'll be buying a press. 

Stampie
6/8/19 12:58 p.m.

House smells like baked adapter but it worked. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/8/19 1:14 p.m.
Stampie said:

I met up with pimpm3 this afternoon and picked up some tires. We're going to be the fastest Model T at the Challenge cause we'll be on slicks. 

I thought the fat tires were a joke.  Now I see you're serious.  NICE!

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/8/19 1:30 p.m.

Those are some USED radials dang. Probably still more than enough traction.

Stampie
6/8/19 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Mark included the adapters and later 15 inch steel wheels. I was planning on buying some used thin tires because it's not like I'm going to be pulling massive Gs nor do I want to with a splash oiling system. I wanted 23 inch tall to help with the 1:1 rule. Pimpm3 text me asking if I could use some used 205/50/15. That's about 23 inches tall and the price was right at free. Sometimes you work with what ya got. 

Right now it's break time as we bake the second adapter. I did prove that my long term memory is failing. This morning I read that the passenger side was left hand threads on the spindle. Took me a few minutes of cussing to remember and loosen the nut instead of tightening it. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/8/19 2:32 p.m.
Stampie said:

House smells like baked adapter but it worked. 

I bet some pizza in the oven, or maybe just the house, would fix the smell

Stampie
6/8/19 2:40 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

It's ok. Just me and Lil Stampie have to deal with it. Baked adapter isn't a totally bad smell. But you're right in that pizza is the fix for all the problems in the world. 

Stampie
6/8/19 4:12 p.m.

We got the other adapter on much easier now that we've learned from our mistakes. 

Started putting the driver's side back together. I offered to let Lil Stampie pack the bearing. He declined.  We just returned from buying a missing cotter pin when we heard thunder. Ain't no way I want going to check fitment after all that work we rushed to get done. 

I was really concerned about this bolt and scrub radius. Looks like we're barely good but won't know until I get the other side together and drop it down. 

Stampie
6/9/19 4:59 p.m.

Got off work at 4:45 and couldn't resist finishing up the front passenger side. 

Then I spent time pondering important questions like how do you get a straight edge in the centerline of the wheels when the centerline of the wheels is the best jacking point?  I then showed some questionable jacking skills and got this. 

Scrub radius is good. With the front track now set I checked for 1:1 and I have 58 inches to play with. I think I'll meet that with inches to spare. 

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
6/9/19 5:27 p.m.

Hey Stampie,

in the name of Mission creep, can you source a grimy Ford ranger or Toyota Corolla engine and trans? Might be more long lived than any B banger and I think you are crossing the line into "track T" territory at this point....

Stampie
6/9/19 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Agent98 :

I know my build might seem all over the place but the T is actually two builds. 

Build A is Challenge it.  Mark loved the Challenge. When i talked with him and Danny about buying the T&A I felt I needed to sell my plan to them in hopes they'd like the ideas enough to sell to me. I promised to Challenge the T as part of my sales pitch. I'm trying to build this as close to how Mark planned it out himself. That means using as many of the parts he had collected as possible. Right now I think I have less than $50 in added budget over what I paid. This car was on Mark's grandfather's farm and then his uncle's farm. Mark and his dad dug it out of the mud and built it in the speedster style. I want to honor that history in the Challenge build. 

Build B is post Challenge. Every car moves onto a new owner and that owner may do things different that the previous owner. This is where I want to build a pre war hot rod. That's where maybe/hopefully the Cadillac Flathead engine comes in. I'm still thinking about how I want that build to go. Even today I was thinking about just building the T engine to 30hp and be different by not swapping the engine. We'll see where that ends up. 

Stampie
6/9/19 6:08 p.m.

In reply to Agent98 :

Oh and don't forget we still have the Model A. That's still a blankish canvas. 

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/9/19 6:54 p.m.

If you had another one of each you could call it Project AT-AT laugh

Stampie
6/15/19 3:22 p.m.
Crackers said:

I'll have to build you a shrine if the T ends up on mud tires. 

I'm all about fulfilling dreams so I tried this today. 

Unfortunately the wheel studs weren't long enough to get lugnuts on.

My thought was I could work under it much easier. Oh well. 

Didn't get much done because I was distracted by the auction in Michigan today. I had crazy dreams of using a Midget race car as an axle/drivetrain donor for the Model A. 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
6/15/19 5:54 p.m.

I'm thinking a lowrider style club plaque in chased copper... Mostly because it won't cost me anything. LOL

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ca8ejXT5G0bkAcXIBb7h0z5vruu62kgqT8k5om7DMm7Sv2jKtuaJKsdqpZZaW4tm