1 2 3
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/8/18 6:56 p.m.

We can't put the current Challenge car on the trailer unless we get the future Challenge parts car off it.

I thought one rear side was locked up and one side was off the bead.   Turns out both sides were locked up. Took us and a BFH about 15 minutes to get the calipers off and both sides rolling. The Q45 generously donated one of her "rollers" to replace the tire that was off the bead.

Stampie
10/10/18 8:11 p.m.

Dropped the RX7 and notice this. One I hope they have a long life together and two the ride height of the finished  car is 3.5 inches. This gives a good idea if how low that'll be. 

Stampie
10/20/18 12:54 p.m.

I think I need to write a book titled 101 Uses for a Paint Booth.

At this point I realized 1) I had spent all morning building a E36 M3y ass bedframe on wheels and 2) Both of my drill batteries were dead.  Took a break then screwed down the slats before trimming them.

And here we have our rolling chassis for the Bradley GT body.

Stampie
10/27/18 8:01 a.m.

A couple of days ago I got some Acura Integra headlight housings that AAZCD sent me. Got a chance to mock them up and I swear a Honda engineer said "You know some dumbass will want to use these in a Bradley GT body so let's make them fit."

Also the body dolly is great. We rearranged the driveway yesterday and it was easy as hell to just roll the Bradley down the out and down the street then back in it's new spot. 

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
10/27/18 10:12 a.m.

This is going to be rad.

Stampie
10/27/18 10:30 a.m.

In reply to captainawesome :

It has to be rad because it has a Homer bucket, paint can, and a leaky bottle of unknown chemicals holding the headlight in.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
10/27/18 5:57 p.m.

I like seeing creative uses for old Bradley  GT bodies.  

Keeping an eye on this build.  I've got some bad ideas for a Manx brewing.

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
10/27/18 6:17 p.m.
Brotus7 said:

I like seeing creative uses for old Bradley  GT bodies.  

Keeping an eye on this build.  I've got some bad ideas for a Manx brewing.

http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9681

My favorite Manx style builds.

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
10/27/18 7:36 p.m.
Stampie said:

A couple of days ago I got some Acura Integra headlight housings that AAZCD sent me. Got a chance to mock them up and I swear a Honda engineer said "You know some dumbass will want to use these in a Bradley GT body so let's make them fit."

Better than 'stock'   wink:

Cool build. yes

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/27/18 7:42 p.m.

Needs clear and fiberglass pods like the c5r headlights. 

But thats after buckets and chemicals prove successful. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/27/18 7:53 p.m.

For "headlights" I'd probably mount some of these low in the opening and then use some darkened plastic, epoxied into place to cover most of the opening stopping short at the bottom but creating a little "rain hood" over the lights. 

Stampie
10/28/18 4:37 p.m.

I regularly group text my friends to be on the lookout for certain items bedside the road. I need some light weight fans so last week I asked them to look out for computers. 

Today at work I noticed a projection TV sitting on the side of the road. My first thought was make a death ray using it's lens but then I said oh those have the little 80mm fans in them. Went back after work and stripped out two of the easy to get to ones.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
10/28/18 5:04 p.m.

Oh, do tell. What are the fans for? Window defrost?

Stampie
10/28/18 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Windows?  Windows are extra weight, naw in the Team Stampie tradition of barely adequate cooling, I want four of the 80mm fans for the radiator.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/18 6:40 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You know, I have an handful of NA Miata fans if you want one?

Stampie
10/28/18 6:49 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I know but they don't fit my design.  Question is if I can build the design I have in my mind.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
10/28/18 8:41 p.m.

Man, I need to got out and start making stuff. This thread makes me feel bad about my complete lack of... everything.

Stampie
10/29/18 6:45 a.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory :

Don't feel bad.  I haven't really done any work on the car. Most of this thread is me collecting parts.  I'm good at that.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
10/29/18 7:19 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to ebonyandivory :

Don't feel bad.  I haven't really done any work on the car. Most of this thread is me collecting parts.  I'm good at that.

Dont sell yourself short.  You did make a sweet ass bedframe on wheels!

Stampie
10/29/18 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Sweet ass and E36 M3y ass are two different things. 

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
10/29/18 8:19 a.m.

I cannot wait to see where this build thread goes.  A Bradley body + bed frame chassis = Sweet ride!! LOL.  

Seriously I am following this one closely.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/29/18 2:15 p.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

While I would definitely resist the temptation to ever guess exactly what Stampie was up to, I don’t think he said bed frame chassis. 

He said Project X was a secret on page 1. wink

...and he never actually said WHAT the chassis is!

I’m betting it’s in most of the pictures, under the blue tarp! cheeky

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/18 2:49 p.m.

Well if you're gonna use computer fans on the radiator, 140mm or 200mm fans will have a much better weight-to-airflow ratio than 80mm fans, and most of their weight is in the outer housing so you can drill (or cut off some of) the mounting tabs to lighten them. But you'd only find those used in a gaming PC, it's better to look in other electronics, especially power equipment like big UPSes and inverters.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/18 3:07 p.m.
SVreX said:

In reply to Mike924 :

He said Project X was a secret on page 1. wink

...and he never actually said WHAT the chassis is!

I’m betting it’s in most of the pictures, under the blue tarp! cheeky

That looks like a lawnmower... So odds are you’re probably correct. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/29/18 3:25 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Windows?  Windows are extra weight, naw in the Team Stampie tradition of barely adequate cooling, I want four of the 80mm fans for the radiator.

You have a real fetish with the weight of a cooling fan!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iGACDzdHUQiQA8n68H9sBCrbSHcqSoWmdIIhYQNiXzpSYFjKIFmITVg3JLtPQUk4