1 2 3
pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
2/17/17 8:26 p.m.

So roughly ten days ago I was browsing the local craigslist. My search for "track car" turned up a second generation Ford Probe. The pictures showed a car with a roll cage, aftermarket wheels and no interior. The ad said no title and advised the car came with several spares. There was no phone number listed and no price. On a whim I replied to the advertisement. I asked if it was still available and for a price. 20 minutes later he replied "it is still available and it is free." I thought he was kidding and replied "perfect when can I pick it up." I also asked for a phone number. I got a one word reply "Thursday." No phone number was included. Figuring the strange email exchange was over I thought nothing more of it. Thursday at lunch time an email showed up on my phone. It included an address for the car, and a phone number. The seller said he was picking up his trailer for a track day at CMP and if I still wanted the car I could meet him at the storage lot. I called him and told him I could not do Thursday because I was getting ready for a track day of my own. We agreed to meet yesterday. He told me he currently had three track cars and didn't want to deal with selling a title-less car. He was also paying to store it and was ready to stop spending that money. So yesterday after work I picked up this 1993 Probe GT race car. It is not stolen. I checked and I got a signed bill of sale from the seller / giver.

The whole story is crazy and I honestly wouldn't have believed it if I just didn't have it happen to me.

As if that wasn't cool enough, he called me today and told me he found the title

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
2/17/17 8:30 p.m.

Wow. That looks clean! Nice find!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/17/17 8:31 p.m.

So, I'll give you a 100x the stated purchase price.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
2/17/17 8:32 p.m.

Holy cow! I've always liked that body style - I don't know anything about their performance potential but they look great.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/17/17 8:32 p.m.

You suck!!!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/17/17 8:35 p.m.

Ill give you a hundred bucks and a grilled cheese sandwich!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/17/17 8:37 p.m.

So now that's 3 vehicles you need to haul to the Challenge, or is this the 4th?

Edit: And with the way your vehicular deals have been going lately I'm betting the next one will be someone paying you to haul off a log-booked Pro Rally car that just won a major event!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/17 8:41 p.m.

Had this happened to almost anyone else, I'd be throwing the bullE36 M3 flag, but I can't do that to you.

Enjoy the crap out of that thing.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/17/17 8:43 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Ill give you a hundred bucks and a grilled cheese sandwich!

Race you there.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/17/17 8:44 p.m.

Me and two buddies are thinking of running a chump car race in Sebring in September. I offered the seller the 4th seat. It is the least I could do

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/17 8:48 p.m.

Amazeballs. Have you driven it yet?

Must be nice to be a cop when something like this floats across.. even better if the seller isn't concerned by that.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/17/17 9:47 p.m.

Would you take a grand for it, assuming it runs drives and has windows?

E36 M3balls, I see the doors are gutted. Nevermind.

Smoke
Smoke New Reader
2/17/17 10:11 p.m.

[URL=http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/nathanaelwm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-02/A00D0B81-0ACA-4466-AF94-5B15446571DC_zpsvquno3su.jpg.html][/URL]

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
2/17/17 10:56 p.m.

Holy crap!

Great score. I love that generation of probe. My buddy in high school had one. First manual I ever drove.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
2/17/17 11:46 p.m.

That is the nicest free car I've ever seen, let me get it

Congratulations!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
2/18/17 7:06 a.m.

That's amazing. Good for you!

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/18/17 7:14 a.m.

Wow, that's the cleanest looking free car I've ever seen. Love the look of those later Probes.

Also, I'll be watching. I've always wondered what kind of potential these cars have as a track car.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/18/17 8:34 a.m.

Awesome. I had a friend in college with that gen Probe and it was a pretty damn quick car for what it was worth.

Amazing that you got that for free.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/18/17 8:39 a.m.

Wow, that is amazing! Last Probe I saw didn't have rockers, and ran on 4-5 cylinders...

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/17 8:49 a.m.

This is amazing!

I am kinda waiting for something to be horribly wrong with it. It seems too good to be true!

Well done sir!

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
2/18/17 9:43 a.m.

Does it run???? Amazing score!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/18/17 10:37 a.m.

Spectacular

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
2/18/17 10:52 a.m.

That's an awesome score. Clearly you've done something lately to pile up the good karma.

Crackers
Crackers Reader
2/18/17 10:57 a.m.

WHAT?!?!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/17 12:03 p.m.

That is truly awesome. Congrats. Race the wheels off of it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vC4zJUHCyA3ZsPv9sJawfECxMbuAE8xWCgpUbEpG22PyPkPbcdtm7XcOzgupfz8R