1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
dextervw
dextervw New Reader
10/29/20 1:38 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

A nissan... I am very sorry for it and you.  Have you any local rallyx's you could take it to? 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
10/29/20 5:25 p.m.

A Nissan truly is a loss. Can you at least test the neutral drop a couple of times to make up for it wink?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/20 6:15 p.m.

Any pics of the mustang?  Kinda curious to see how rough it is now.  

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
10/29/20 6:35 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Unfortunately i didnt get any. Kinda hoping the insurance or the police report have one. When the emergency folks showed up they rushed me out of the car and into the ambulance. From what I saw in the dark, the drivers rear was knocked in quite a bit and the drivers side was basically peeled off. In my blood selfie you can see what was left of the door and the roof was pushed almost into my head. 

Had to kinda scooch out the other side. The driver door was still there, but no longer functional. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/29/20 6:38 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

They made me sign a waiver that specifically said "no drag racing". I gotta wonder why they thought that was necessary. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
10/29/20 8:23 p.m.

Shaun sent you a PM.....late

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/20 3:21 p.m.

I'm glad you're (mostly) OK.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/30/20 4:13 p.m.

Glad to hear that it looks like there will be no significant lasting damage to you and your dad. Watch out for concussion symptoms, including depression. 

As for the Lincoln wagon, I do not like the marriage of the design language between the Caprice and the TC. Taurus works well... except for the lights. In any case, I wholeheartedly support this idea.

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/30/20 4:22 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

This is concussion no. 5. I'm pretty aware I think. Mood swings, fatigue, headaches, nausea.

The difference here I'm finding is the severity on this one. Not of impact/injury, but situation. The rest were bad, but this was nearly fatal. That's pretty hard for me to comprehend and the last few days have been surreal. Lots of soul searching. 

I'm looking hard at panthers, and the wagon conversion is a big want, but may just be a pipe dream unless the car I find is pretty rough to start. I agree that the caprice/cv merger is just off somehow.  The Taurus rear is way better, but those tail lights...

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/30/20 7:04 p.m.

I like how the funderbird was too long so you kept cutting length out, yet now you're shopping for wagons. 

Can't wait to see what a shortened Lincoln Taurus wagon looks like yes.

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/30/20 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Different goals. That said, I just pulled up to my parents place a few minutes ago and the funderbird is sitting out front looking dope as hell. Not to brag, but I did a good job there, especially considering it was just a bad case of scope creep. 

As for wagons. Well, I've been here a while now. Also, I find it a crying shame that fomoco didn't offer the panther in wagon form in the later years. Maybe I get around to doing it, maybe not. But talk about appropriate. Full frame. V8. Live axle. Yuge trunk. Just needs headroom. 

dope as hell:

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 8:47 p.m.

Could always combine the two thoughts...

I'll let myself out now...

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 8:48 p.m.

I an a HUGH fan of the Funderbird.

But I am odd enough to want a two dr long roof version as a DD, as well!

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/30/20 8:50 p.m.

That's not terrible. Shooting brake Funderbird!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 8:51 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

This is concussion no. 5. I'm pretty aware I think. Mood swings, fatigue, headaches, nausea.

The difference here I'm finding is the severity on this one. Not of impact/injury, but situation. The rest were bad, but this was nearly fatal. That's pretty hard for me to comprehend and the last few days have been surreal. Lots of soul searching.

Again, very glad y'all came out of it as as well as you did. You do at least ave your faith to take comfort in. I assume mudstang will be staying in NM for its final resting spot?

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/30/20 9:18 p.m.
03Panther said:

Could always combine the two thoughts...

I'll let myself out now...

You take that idea far away from me, right now. That is pure evil and I do not need any more temptation in my life. Evil, wicked. 

And I wish I'd have thought of it. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 9:27 p.m.

Well, with a long roof, then it would need a 460 and a V-Drive in the rear. Would ruin it for AutoX, but MAN, WHAT A RIDE!!!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 9:28 p.m.

I can enable with bad idea's all day long... Hold my beer, and watch this!

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/30/20 9:36 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I think it was always a lost cause in the auto-x. And I think it has plenty under the hood. Especially with all the time I have now to actually do a cam and head swap. I'm starting to consider possibilities for continuing the funderbird. Though at this point I'd insist on towing it out and selling it there. We'll just have to see what the next year brings. 

And I absolutely need to figure out a new daily first, which is dependent on the insurance folks. 
I did briefly speak with a lawyer today, and we have a meeting set up on Monday. So that's something. 

As for the mustang, the insurance company informed me that it was sent to a copart lot in Albuquerque today. The appraiser/adjuster should get to it in the next few days. I just hope that I get out what I put in, though I'm not holding my breath. Also hoping they'll give me some pictures.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 9:50 p.m.

Oh, the Chebby will def.make it faster! The Big Block hanging out the back, and a V-Drive is for the 1/4 mile long wheel stands...

Jessie James built a ford van ambulance that was about as ugly as you'll ever see. But AWESOME!

I'd love to have to t-bird, but by the time it makes it to the Challenge, I prolly would not be able to compete with other offers. Knowing you and I are not the only oddballs here

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/30/20 10:20 p.m.

I'd slap the rear roof section from a rotted out wagon or suv on the back of the funderbird (possibly after trimming some trunk length) and throw in some Plexi windows.  It's a strong car, and a year of tuning along with the power upgrades would make it a ton of fun.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/20 10:27 p.m.

I'm a big fan of a Honda for a DD. Or a supercharged jaguar.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 10:34 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

In the late 70's, I was nuts enough to DD something like the Funderbird... but that would NOT be fun today!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/30/20 11:00 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

And I'm guessing you were about the same age in the '70s as BFS is now laugh.  I understand the kid thing though.

I'm a caddy guy.  I wanted a big BOF wagon to do truck stuff with but caddy doesn't really do that.

Jokes between friends turned into me buying this 12 hours away on eBay.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/30/20 11:07 p.m.

The floor pan was cut and extended on every hearse I've looked at, you could mount a factory rear seat over the rear axle if you cut out the flooring and figure out the side mounts.

1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W86CvqmvL3HGaRUngGFuVyyve6siKhMGvwLrFlcWfSkZHDAM5MZpm2YgfUs7zgTS