1 ... 29 30 31 32 33
759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
12/8/20 2:40 p.m.

Hey "Fat Answer" errr BFS just now finished this ....in some other thread you mentioned lingering headaches .......how the hell are YOU????......I had the Dmax PU with Curtis's '66 poncho at  the BWGG parking lot.....oh your welding skills are top 5 dude......late

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/8/20 5:05 p.m.

Well there is a distinct possibility that the car sticks around and gets finished. I mean, who's gonna buy it? If we were further east it might be easier to move it along to another GRMer, but we're pretty far away from just about everything. 
I do see it every morning. My folks live at the bottom of a small hill and I turn the corner and look down on this wide, low, chopped creation, and I really like looking at it. Maybe if it's around when the weather turns warmer I'll find some motivation. 

12/8/20 6:16 p.m.

Bro iffen I was closer this mess would be behind the fence (my hacienda)awaiting your undivided attention. How are you?

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/8/20 6:21 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

I'm still pretty sore actually. And I've got a new face scar, so I guess I look pretty tough. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
12/9/20 2:57 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Well there is a distinct possibility that the car sticks around and gets finished. I mean, who's gonna buy it? If we were further east it might be easier to move it along to another GRMer, but we're pretty far away from just about everything. 
I do see it every morning. My folks live at the bottom of a small hill and I turn the corner and look down on this wide, low, chopped creation, and I really like looking at it. Maybe if it's around when the weather turns warmer I'll find some motivation. 

Remember, shooting brake!!!! Do it!!!

12/9/20 10:40 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

I'm still pretty sore actually. And I've got a new face scar, so I guess I look pretty tough. 

A plumber with a face scar.........you're now legit .....wink

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/11/20 12:02 p.m.

Some ide thoughts I may want to visit later. 
I have a budget sheet all worked out. 
rear tow hook confirmed functional and strong enough to pull the car over a curb. 
wiring is easier if I'm not worried about street legality. 
room in budget for heads I have and a cam I want. 
no room under hood for a taller than stock intake manifold. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/11/20 12:28 p.m.

Also, 

So many good options and bad ideas. One thing at a time!

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/11/20 3:49 p.m.

Finally managed to get some pictures. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/20 3:56 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Damn, y'all were fortunate to get out under your own power. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/11/20 4:18 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

To be fair, I required assistance to walk away. But we were indeed fortunate. 

12/11/20 4:34 p.m.

You son and  your dear father are truly BLESSSED that y'all survived this mayhem

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/11/20 5:02 p.m.

Sweet motherberkeleying jeebus! Thats a helluva hit. You're truly blessed to only have scars and migraines. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/11/20 5:38 p.m.

Wowsers ! That was worse than I imagined.  As you and others have said, you're truly blessed to be alive.   Go hug your wife and kiddos again. Wow.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
12/11/20 8:10 p.m.

They say foxbodys don't crash well, that proves it. Jesus 

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/11/20 8:22 p.m.
dropstep said:

They say foxbodys don't crash well, that proves it. Jesus 

I am not sure what qualifies as an automobile that still "crashes well" when the other vehicle is a tractor-trailer rig.

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/11/20 8:50 p.m.

Blessed indeed. I do miss that car though.

Insurance finally followed up their initial "payout offer" email with a phone call. They're gonna "run it through a different system" and we'll see what happens. I carried full coverage on that car, and I'm not at fault, but this runaround is frustrating. At this point the rental allowance has long since expired and I'm still without a penny towards new transportation. 

I do like the new transportation though. It's not the same build quality as the Q45, and the stereo isn't quite as good, but I really like it. I like plush leather, auto climate, bigness, trunk space... and for being gray on gray, I'd expect it to feel boring and dull, but it's quiet and soothing. I should have bought a panther a long time ago. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/31/20 3:25 p.m.

Unexpected success. The stock wheels look the business on the Funderbird:

And unexpected failure. While the 17" mustang wheels fit, they don't look quite right on the Mercury:

They look too small. Maybe if I painted them white and dropped the car 2".... I'll see if wife can photochop for me. Gotta buy tires soon and I need to know if I'm buying 245 17s or 235 16s. Also I'd like 3.55 gears and dual exhaust, but it's not happening yet. Stereo first!

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/31/20 7:08 p.m.

Keep the 17's. Step up the sidewall AND lower the car an inch. 245/50/17 is the same OD as the stock 225/60/16's

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/20 7:22 p.m.

They look perfect on there

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/31/20 7:38 p.m.

I think they look great as well

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/31/20 7:55 p.m.

I'd rock 'em  yes

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/31/20 8:14 p.m.

In reply to gumby (Forum Supporter) :

245-50 would be good if they had anything better/cheaper like my favorite Rikens for $82. Those 17s are wearing 245-45s. Nice and cheap. 
225-60r16 is almost as cheap but nowhere near as good. 
If the car was 2" lower it wouldn't be a question. But I'm not ready to make that leap yet. 

It seems that they don't evoke hate from the masses though. But the stock wheels don't look bad, and they say Mercury. I like dead brands for some reason. Pontiac, Plymouth, Mercury... And the mustang center caps are plastic and really faded, while the Mercury caps are aluminum and very clean. Silly little things. 

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/31/20 8:28 p.m.

Ok, 235/55/17
Super common size, a smidge taller than stock, and lots of cheap options

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/31/20 8:31 p.m.

In reply to gumby (Forum Supporter) :

That may be a winner. Thanks!

Now to decide if I run these somewhat hard ridden wheels as they are or if I paint them white. 

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c9i3YJgAhgge0cCUFfsWQvajhdFcYRFt1zmC0QL0qy4xsxvDD7KHq5lGedSZYneI