1 ... 4 5 6
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/14/22 11:17 a.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

These are the wheels I installed on the Fit yesterday.

I am trying to find 1 or 2 more of these wheels, but the Tire rack website is REALLY not cooperating with combinations I would have used to find them. I knew they were winding them down, I wonder if Tire Rack finally sold off the last of them.

They were the same fitment for the Rio, looks like they're gone. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/14/22 5:52 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Yeah, they're officially all out in the world.

I've had a few nibbles trying to turn over some rocks on social media looking for them, but i'm trying to avoid buying a full set of wheels.

johndej
johndej Dork
3/14/22 6:59 p.m.
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/14/22 7:22 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

Not the same. Pete wants the 15x7.5 +35 offset. Those are 15x7 +25 for rwd fitment. 

johndej
johndej Dork
3/14/22 7:25 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Ah whoops, disregard then

3/14/22 10:50 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

No worries man! appreciate you looking out!

Adamjabaay
Adamjabaay New Reader
3/15/22 11:01 p.m.

I love the Pete fit

3/18/22 5:29 p.m.
Adamjabaay said:

I love the Pete fit

Came to be in its current form thanks to your crazy influence buddy! I'm excited for the 2022 Time attack season.

3/31/22 12:10 p.m.

Wow... what a weekend, Left home after work on Wednesday and drove to El Paso for the night.

Then continued on to LA on Thursday.

I had decided since we got an early start that I wanted a photo at the Portofino sign because we are Lap Dogs and we are taking the Fit on One Lap next month.

BUT! Once we got there we discovered The Portofino has put up a new Cannonball Finish Line Marker sign at the Hotel entrance!

We spent the night at the Portofino and went to the Petersen on Friday.

3/31/22 1:06 p.m.

Saturday was Streets of Willow!

It's not a proper track weekend without a drivers meeting being led by Adam Jabaay!

Ended up getting to meet Rob Damn... and teched and subsequently Failed his 3 rotor RX-7 for a loose battery. Super nice guy to talk to!

Fit came out of the gate strong and I thought I was going to have no competition.. but I ended up having 2 compeitors in Sundae Cup and they pushed me pretty hard!

We had 4 sessions on Saturday and in the final session i managed to find over a second and take the Win in Sundae Cup!

3/31/22 1:41 p.m.

Video of my fastest lap of Streets of Willow..

Also we ran it CCW because it's safer.

I forgot my gopro mount at home so the video is my phone in a ram mount.. it's shakey.. but it's serviceable

And I forgot to turn off the eurobeat i was listening to in the pitlane before we went.. so the audio is screaming eurobeat with a little bit of intake noise.

3/31/22 2:01 p.m.

Sunday was Big Willow and I was by myself in class so I just needed to go out and set any lap to collect points

Turns out I picked up debris in one tire saturday night and it went flat overnight and we drove on it to the track without knowing

So after swapping on a spare brand new RT660 we brought along we were in business.

"

3/31/22 2:02 p.m.

Video of my Best Lap from Sunday

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/2/22 11:40 p.m.

Love that your top speed is in a corner! 

4/7/22 12:25 p.m.

Couple days late.. but update on some upgrades made last weekend!

Brake Cooling!

I"ve had this brake hose lying around for 3 years after a buddy of mine ripped it off his car to replace it and i snagged it for Hazmat..

Well hazmat is long gone.. but the fit remains and has had a few instances of overheating the GLOC R10 pads this year.. so it was time for brake cooling.

The Driver side was easy. Ran the tubing from the fog light housings i got at the junkyard through the inner fender liner to point out at the inside of the rotor and caliper.

Side note: i pulled the rotor dust shield/backing plates last year so no mention of that here.. but I have already done it.

Passenger side is a little different.. just inside the fender liner on the passenger side is the crank pulley and AC compressor so rather than risk interfereing with either of those.. I opted to flatten the hose as much as possible and attach it on the inside of the fender well.

I also attached the hose to the control arm on this side.. just to help it stay in place the best it can.

It's not the prettiest but this gets the job done for a few zip ties and $25 in fog light housings from the junkyard. I've seen other methods of brake cooling done with HVAC ducting so in a pinch.. check your local hardware store for hoses..

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
4/7/22 1:31 p.m.

Are the GT3 plastic winglet things (zip tied to the control arm on 8th gen civics) a viable brake cooling mod on the Fit?

4/7/22 2:45 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

They very well might be.. I have them and i have messed with them before. but opted against this time.

5/18/22 3:13 p.m.

Well.. the Fit did it.. it completed OLOA! The week was a total blur, but it was amazing. no major mechanical issues, but a few niggles along the way that I need to deal with.

more to come.

12/12/22 9:10 p.m.

Well.. a lot sooner than I expected.. this project is ending, and the Fit is going to proceed on to another chapter with one of my buddies. 

I helped him buy a bonked 2009 Fit for a solid deal, and in the process realized it was really what I wanted.. and he wanted a fully prepped roll bar car like my Fit. 

so we came to an agreement and I'm going to take the car he bought and send my car off to live with him. 

so the story ends here for now. 

Time to start de stickering... 

Russ McBride
Russ McBride New Reader
12/12/22 9:45 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

12/12/22 10:59 p.m.
Russ McBride said:

Feel free to delete this post if not appropriate ...

I have a few Fit parts on ebay (including a new throttle body) and will be happy to sell them to someone here for much less than the current auction price.  I plan to keep lowering the price until it sells.

My build thread isn't the right place for this. we've got parts for sale forums for a reason. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/13/22 5:28 a.m.

In reply to Russ McBride :

Not cool dude. 

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BeVWmqNmvH2jO48ARsQwyU9R3KHoYdAyb2cZJRdFHLjVaVwYIx4gOnret0rg0XP0