1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/25/19 9:52 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

I already have the 2’ long magnaflow ready to go on. I’ll bringnit to a friends lift because I’m tired of crawling in the ground. 

Listenjng to the 3 seasons I recorded I am hearing a bad noise, but the audio isn’t that great so it may be any number of things I’m actually hearing. Got to quiet it down so I can use my own ears. It may just be a noisy diff. It may be the exhaust pipe where it’s rubbing in the rear creating noise. It could be bad wheel bearing. It could be nothing. 

ill get one loaded to the tubes tomorrow and let y’all take a listen. Also damn my body aches today. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/25/19 4:11 p.m.

Autocrossed today and spent the whole time wondering if I could still beat you. laugh

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/25/19 4:53 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Autocrossed today and spent the whole time wondering if I could still beat you. laugh

This car with real tires on it? No. No you cannot.... at least in a similar car (accord or civic). If we are talking about throwing you in something actually fast.... then I’ll have to work harder at it. cheeky

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/26/19 8:12 a.m.

Can finally her noise now. Either a bearing, backing plate or internal trans noise as it's coming from the front. Hoping for backing plate, expecting trans noise. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/27/19 11:28 a.m.

If you were wondering if the leather wrap on the Gt wheel is actually a leather wrap and not part of the wheel, I have your answer:

And now it is a normal nonkeather wheel:

A little glue residue on the bottom of the wheel that was coming off by rubbing it and it'll be perfect. That was a really easy and cheap fix! Free99!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/28/19 3:11 p.m.

OK, so the factory amp doesn't like rain. Monday and Tuesday were rainy. It popped, buzzed and was extremely unhappy. Today, sunny and dry and it worked like a charm. Probably need to pull the left rear quartertrim and see if there is a leak back there. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/30/19 5:52 p.m.

So I guess I understand why I was tracking the RX8 and BRZ down. Both cars were bone stock and from what I can see they dyno high 150's low 170's. Right where my car *should* be. Makes me feel better.... granted mod for mod I'm screwed but that's ok. Mine cost $500. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/3/19 12:29 p.m.

alright, first week as DD. Still no AC so it's a little warm (black leather will do that). 157.1 miles on 5.788 gallons. Just a tick over 27mpg. Not bad considering this car was 16/24. 

One thing that MUST get fixed is the fill neck issue. To pump that less than 6 gallons took 10 minutes. No lie. I think it accepts about 4 drops per minute at this point. That's not conducive to quick and efficient fuel stops. Time to do some research. My brain is tickling on the purge valve but that may be wrong. It has been 15 years since I worked for them.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/8/19 6:13 p.m.

7 hours of driving netted me a perfect right fender in silver, the right rocker in black, and a functioning passenger door handle for the interior for $100. Need to check but this should be me just under the cap before discounting maintenance type items (pads/rotors, belts and fluids). 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/16/19 7:11 a.m.

This is not how to autox

Put the 255's on the front Sunday, went to the fairgrounds to autox. Apparently putting big sticky tires on the front and leaving the tiny rock hard all season in the rear is NOT how you go fast. Still ended up 7th and 10th in a class of 20. Car was so loose it was like driving a rwd car on asphalt.... the ass was ALWAYS out. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/16/19 7:24 a.m.

I will say autox'ng an LSD FWD is awesome. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/16/19 7:28 a.m.

I'm glad to see how exercise this thing is getting

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/16/19 7:39 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

It's also getting daily driven. If there's a problem, I want to find it NOW not somewhere in the middle of the first week of may. 

mazdeuce - Seth
9/16/19 7:45 a.m.
bobzilla said:

I will say autox'ng an LSD FWD is awesome. 

I'm pretty sure that's why I love the Si. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/16/19 6:30 p.m.

Just learned that the wife's aunt is across the street from the host hotel.... and now she wants to come along!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/19 6:38 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Awesome! The real craziness happens at the hotel though. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/16/19 6:45 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

yeah close enough to stumble "home"

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/17/19 7:13 a.m.

Yay! Wife is coming. The down side is she's wanting me to trailer it down. Boo! She wants to bring the pooches too. 

mazdeuce - Seth
9/17/19 7:48 a.m.

Glad she's coming. The companionship on the drive and all of us getting to meet her will more than balance out the lameness of trailering. Besides, ALL THE NITROUS!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/17/19 8:45 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I may be able to convince her that 28mpg > 14mpg. But if not, I have to get the truck in for a trans service asap. shes past 120k and Ive been doing D&F's every 30k. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/19/19 7:50 a.m.

This morning I passed 1k miles on the build. Nothing has exploded yet. YAY! Also talked the wife into leaving the dogs, the truck and trailer home and driving the car. DOUBLE YAY! That means this weekend I have to work on quieting the car down. Shifter is 1000 times better than when I started driving it a month ago. A little more lube and work and I don't think I'm going to need new cables. 

edit: ALSO filled the car yesterday (17 minutes for 8.8 gallons, gotta fix that). two drivers on Sunday for 10 runs total. Averaged 23.7mpg. I remember these cars getting E36 M3 for fuel economy.... why does this one like me so much? 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
9/19/19 11:15 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

You made it breath easier with the header. Efficiency is efficiency, power and MPG are related in a good way many times.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/19/19 11:23 a.m.

So damnit..... OLoA is full.... trying to get my happy ass on the wait list. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/19/19 11:37 a.m.

Deposit made.... Holy crap I'm high as berkeley right now..... emotionally. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/21/19 4:07 p.m.

Ok. 2’ magnaflow installed. It no longer farts on start up at least. Still loud. No more rubbing in the back, that helped. It’s really going to need real mufflers though. Going to take it to dinner with friends and see what it feels like. 

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SPb3XG2cdI72KJDv7544BTUHqwQBlQnoWcsOqnz5gyk0D4Ts1IuCmxVC7UNBQZTW